Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Brandon Lilly and the Cube Method

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Interesting info for guys that struggle with box squats and chasing max PRs.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Caitlyn.Trout
Powerlifter
Brawn
Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9 Points: 489, Level: 9
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Caitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributor
Default The Cube Method

So there is a lot of buzz going on about the cube method. I'm curious to see what you guys think about it, have heard about it , or if you have tried it, what opinions do you have about it. Sooooo lets hear it !
Caitlyn.Trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Caitlyn.Trout
Powerlifter
Brawn

Caitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributorCaitlyn.Trout is a dedicated contributor

Brandon is actually one of my training partners at Berea Barbell and my boyfriend is his partner Corey Hayes. Brandon has a a great program going on there and I've seen it in action personally. This video is just a little snippet of the kind of knowledge he has for the sport and the cube is another option out there for those that have tried other methods and have not found them to be as effective as you would have hoped.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Some of the issues Brandon describes that lead him to create it strike a chord.

I've always been sub-par at box squats. Not much of a hips back squatter. Just old habits I guess. Never much been one for speed work. It always feels forced to me.

He mentions how mentally stale it can become trying to beat the same PR week in and week out. I tend to agree. It's not easy, and can be mentally challenging.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I think I will combine threads so people can discuss the Cube and see the video.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
Caitlyn.Trout
Powerlifter
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think I will combine threads so people can discuss the Cube and see the video.
Sounds good!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

No doubt it sounds like a sound method. I have a friend running it now, and its killing him haha! Brandon and I share a lot of the same thoughts. I am not a box squatter, I think people need to spend more time with a regular bar, and I think your raw strength needs to be high before you jump into gear.

When it is all said and done Brandon is one of the best lifters around. He knows his stuff, he trains the way he teaches, and is happy to help. Need more people like him in the sport.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I'd love to make a deal with him. I'd throw up a banner and give the Cube free promo if he keeps a log. Maybe we can twist his arm.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #10
Caitlyn.Trout
Powerlifter
Brawn

I'm going to train with him and the crew right now , I'll mention this to him.