Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default 4 Simple Deadlift Tips

4 simple deadlift tips:

1) Squat more. This might involve slowly bumping your volume, frequency, intensity or all 3 over the next year or two. I have had many volume periods, and recently intensity periods. During my aggressive squatting periods my deadlift has also went up.

What you need - volume, frequency or intensity will depend on where you are at, and how things are going.

2) Deadlift 90% and under. I have never received any noticeable benefits deadlifting frequently above 90%. In fact, I often end of slamming my lower back too much as well as find myself needing longer recovery periods.

My best deadlift progress has always come from working hard for progression in the 70-90% range.

3) Get your upper back strong. I'm not talking 120 pound one arm rows here, I am talking 200 pound rows. Yes, you certainly CAN do these. If I can row 275x10 with decent form you can row 200x10. Make it a goal. Also get your Pendlay's to 315 for 5-10 reps.

You can never have enough upper back strength. If you can row a Herculean amount of weight, you will deadlift more. I guarantee it.

4) Strong quads. Quads are overlooked in many modern templates. I think they are one of the key reasons I pull close to 700 pounds raw. There is no downside to having freakishly strong quads, so don't ignore them.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links