Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Don't piss on my shoes

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

"I have imbalances in my posterior shoulder girdle and it's causing manipulation to my anterior medial rotation of my..."

"Ubulus muscle attached to their eyeball"

"if you cannot two-times bodyweight for a single, or if you have never back squatted two times bodyweight in your life do not open your mouth in my presence"

I can understand his frustrations, some may even find it entertaining. But the majority of examples given are clearly strawman arguments which he appears to be making up on the spot. So how is this bullshit any different to the bullshit he's ranting about???

So just me personally but the greater point he's trying to make is lost through the bullshit he's talking about. I can't take that point seriously if he's just throwing these bullshit examples around. I think this guy probably is passionate about what he does, but his point gets lost in the bullshit.

Who is he anyway?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

No idea who he is. Someone posted this on my Facebook wall so I thought I would post it for the halibut. I'll see if I can find out his name.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Derek Woodske. Here is his blog:

Derek Woodske's

Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
Fazc
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

He seems genuine enough, maybe it'll grow on me or maybe it's the type of thing which comes across better in the written word. Who knows.

Thanks for finding that, I'll give it a read.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

What kills me about this industry is folks going out of their way to put down people that don't have the same goals. Extreme strength and muscle building is a small niche. Most people just want some of both, good health, more energy etc.

I am also worn down a bit from all the forced bravado and posturing that plagues 10 percent of the strength community.

'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-22-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
"if you cannot two-times bodyweight for a single, or if you have never back squatted two times bodyweight in your life do not open your mouth in my presence"
I concur with his sentiments. I've always told people that I would never get diet/physique advice from a scrawny or fat guy, nor would I get powerlifting advice from someone who's physically weak.

Quote:
Who is he anyway?
He said either in this video or another one that he is or was an NFL strength coach.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
I concur with his sentiments. I've always told people that I would never get diet/physique advice from a scrawny or fat guy, nor would I get powerlifting advice from someone who's physically weak.

I'm weak and scrawny but I can advise on tweaks, for the newbies at least
Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
Fazc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I am also worn down a bit from all the forced bravado and posturing that plagues 10 percent of the strength community.
Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

I don't think it's a terribly bad style of getting your point across, I mean it works for some people. But I think it is certainly very audience-dependant. I hear that and just roll my eyes, others may feel different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
Yeah, I don't really want to get into that debate. It's just the manner of delivery really. For me personally his style of delivery really just puts me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I'm weak and scrawny but I can advise on tweaks, for the newbies at least
Old 11-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yeah, I don't really want to get into that debate. It's just the manner of delivery really. For me personally his style of delivery really just puts me off.
I guess you also don't like the Chaos & Pain blog. LOL

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote