Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Don't piss on my shoes (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11735)

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 01:02 PM

Don't piss on my shoes

Fazc 11-22-2012 01:42 PM

"I have imbalances in my posterior shoulder girdle and it's causing manipulation to my anterior medial rotation of my..."

"Ubulus muscle attached to their eyeball"

"if you cannot two-times bodyweight for a single, or if you have never back squatted two times bodyweight in your life do not open your mouth in my presence"

I can understand his frustrations, some may even find it entertaining. But the majority of examples given are clearly strawman arguments which he appears to be making up on the spot. So how is this bullshit any different to the bullshit he's ranting about???

So just me personally but the greater point he's trying to make is lost through the bullshit he's talking about. I can't take that point seriously if he's just throwing these bullshit examples around. I think this guy probably is passionate about what he does, but his point gets lost in the bullshit.

Who is he anyway?

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 02:11 PM

No idea who he is. Someone posted this on my Facebook wall so I thought I would post it for the halibut. I'll see if I can find out his name.

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 02:14 PM

Derek Woodske. Here is his blog:

Derek Woodske's

Fazc 11-22-2012 02:21 PM

He seems genuine enough, maybe it'll grow on me or maybe it's the type of thing which comes across better in the written word. Who knows.

Thanks for finding that, I'll give it a read.

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 02:24 PM

What kills me about this industry is folks going out of their way to put down people that don't have the same goals. Extreme strength and muscle building is a small niche. Most people just want some of both, good health, more energy etc.

I am also worn down a bit from all the forced bravado and posturing that plagues 10 percent of the strength community.

'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'.

DieselWeasel 11-22-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 294549)
"if you cannot two-times bodyweight for a single, or if you have never back squatted two times bodyweight in your life do not open your mouth in my presence"

I concur with his sentiments. I've always told people that I would never get diet/physique advice from a scrawny or fat guy, nor would I get powerlifting advice from someone who's physically weak.

Quote:

Who is he anyway?
He said either in this video or another one that he is or was an NFL strength coach.

5kgLifter 11-22-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel (Post 294559)
I concur with his sentiments. I've always told people that I would never get diet/physique advice from a scrawny or fat guy, nor would I get powerlifting advice from someone who's physically weak.

I'm weak and scrawny but I can advise on tweaks, for the newbies at least :march:

Fazc 11-22-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 294558)
I am also worn down a bit from all the forced bravado and posturing that plagues 10 percent of the strength community.

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

I don't think it's a terribly bad style of getting your point across, I mean it works for some people. But I think it is certainly very audience-dependant. I hear that and just roll my eyes, others may feel different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselWeasel (Post 294559)

Yeah, I don't really want to get into that debate. It's just the manner of delivery really. For me personally his style of delivery really just puts me off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 294561)
I'm weak and scrawny but I can advise on tweaks, for the newbies at least :march:

:rockon:

DieselWeasel 11-22-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 294562)
Yeah, I don't really want to get into that debate. It's just the manner of delivery really. For me personally his style of delivery really just puts me off.

I guess you also don't like the Chaos & Pain blog. LOL :tomato: