Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #11
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
And from what I read, yesterday, the groin area comes into play as well.
Good point, very inner thigh/groin heavy as well.

Quote:
Like some others, I don't find it an easy version but I think that's because I haven't really given it much of a run in relation to normal standard DLs and the frog stance DL (??, feet turned out but closer together), I found that one quite nice to do.
The frog stance is an interesting one and something I've experimented with as well. Inaba the amazing japanese lightweight powerlifter did extremely well with the frog stance and I know some of the lighter asian weightlifters also snatch and clean frog stance. The legendary middleweight powerlifter Anello also pulled frog stance and did extremely well.

Not sure what type of structure would suit frog stance, but my inclination is toward someone with a wider hip structure.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #12
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

Not sure what type of structure would suit frog stance, but my inclination is toward someone with a wider hip structure.
Not really sure, I'm more of a narrow hip body make-up; the thing I liked was how it shifts the kneecaps out of the path of the barbell. Whichever version I use, I know that I have to start over with light weights to build it up due to the inherent differences in each and that may be something which a few overlook because you can't really just swap from one to the other using the same loads as the starting point.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I hate the deadlift, but when I do use it then I like a semi-sumo stance. I squat so much that my legs and hips just naturally like that stance better, it's ingrained in me.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #14
muscle_g
Max Brawn
Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59 Points: 7,814, Level: 59
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: lifting since 12yrs old
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squats, Bench, Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Vitamins/Minerals
muscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributormuscle_g is a dedicated contributor

Conventional stance builds pulling power while sumo is alot more of a technical lift. Both ways require alot of back, glute, and hamstring strength.

Best Lifts
625/450/500 Geared
405/315/475 Raw

Training log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16621
muscle_g is offline   Reply With Quote