Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Arnold Powerlifting to Drug Test 20% (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11514)

BendtheBar 10-29-2012 08:54 AM

Arnold Powerlifting to Drug Test 20%

Strong indication that the Arnold powerlifting will now test 20% of athletes.

This is a new direction for them. Waiting for the official word from the XPC.

Hunterace 10-29-2012 08:57 AM

I'm assuming the 20% is going to be random? So if it happens, it's be natural or use and hope to hide it?

BendtheBar 10-29-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterace (Post 288452)
I'm assuming the 20% is going to be random?

Not sure if they will randomly test, or test the top lifters. Bodybuilding tends to test the winners. My first meet they tested the top lifters. So I suspect it will be about the same thing.

Quote:

So if it happens, it's be natural or use and hope to hide it?
My guess is that guys will go to a different meet rather than spending a lot of money to fail a test. If the testing is legit, that is. There are some feds that "test" but don't test.

LtL 10-29-2012 09:34 AM

They're giving away a fair amount of cash in prizes so it's to be expected. I see it as a good step to legitimise the sport.

J_Byrd 10-29-2012 09:42 AM

The big issue is that it has been thought to be a non tested meet. Now it is being tested. This will be the only "pro" meet that tests to my knowledge.

J_Byrd 10-29-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 288467)
They're giving away a fair amount of cash in prizes so it's to be expected. I see it as a good step to legitimise the sport.

If the goal is to get it to the olympics I agree, but none of the major stregth sports test their top level guys.

LtL 10-29-2012 09:46 AM

I guess the other issue would be that none of the qualifiers were tested events either.

BendtheBar 10-29-2012 09:53 AM

My 2 cents. If you're going to make a change like this, I think it is best to initiate it in a year or two rather than take a jab at the athletes who want to compete with you, and who were playing by the current rules. I think it would be a better choice to say: "In 2014 we will begin testing 20%..."

The current core of Arnold competitors spent a lot of time and money trying to qualify for this event, all while playing by the current rules. I simply think if there is testing in 2013, you punish these athletes who are playing by the rules for no good reason.

J_Byrd 10-29-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 288474)
I guess the other issue would be that none of the qualifiers were tested events either.

I didnt even think about that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 288478)
My 2 cents. If you're going to make a change like this, I think it is best to initiate it in a year or two rather than take a jab at the athletes who want to compete with you, and who were playing by the current rules. I think it would be a better choice to say: "In 2014 we will begin testing 20%..."

The current core of Arnold competitors spent a lot of time and money trying to qualify for this event, all while playing by the current rules. I simply think if there is testing in 2013, you punish these athletes who are playing by the rules for no good reason.

I have to agree with you.