Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Need a routine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1137)

Pizza1337 11-05-2009 05:00 PM

Need a routine
 
I need a routine, i have 4-5 days, and in morning i have like around 30mins(because my school is lame)

and home i only have dumbbells and jump rope.

right now on mondays i work on my chest, tuesday i work on back and shoulder, wensday i play soccer or i do triceps, or abs and thursday i do arms, friday i do arms..

i need something better.. and i am not training to get bulk i am just training for strength(everyone has their own goals :) )

i already do cardio and flexibility.

Offtopic:
today was very bad day. i had bad accident today, when i was benching, good thing bar missed my head(i did have spotter, i blame him.), but i am fine..i hate my "friends" instade of asking me if i was okay they laughted..

btw have any of you guys had accidents or embarrassing things happen to you at the gym?

AthleteCreator 11-05-2009 05:10 PM

One time when I was benching I forgot to finish loading the bar so one side had a plate, a quarter, a 10, and 5, and the other side just had a plate. Not only that, but I forgot to put collars on. Not only that, but I didn't have a spotter. Needless to say that as soon as I unracked it, all hell broke lose. lol

BendtheBar 11-05-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza1337 (Post 9164)

Offtopic:
today was very bad day. i had bad accident today, when i was benching, good thing bar missed my head(i did have spotter, i blame him.), but i am fine..i hate my "friends" instade of asking me if i was okay they laughted..

Leave those dudes behind.

I'm headed to workout. When I get back, I'll give you my take on a dumbbell only workout. How much weight do you have?

Pizza1337 11-05-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 9166)
How much weight do you have?

four 5lb plates, two 10lb plates and two dumbbell bars like http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/70...54_215X215.jpg
(i just took them from my cousin, because he never used them)

BendtheBar 11-05-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza1337 (Post 9175)
four 5lb plates, two 10lb plates and two dumbbell bars like http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/70...54_215X215.jpg
(i just took them from my cousin, because he never used them)

You're going to need to do some bodyweight stuff and mix in rest-pause to maximize the weight.

You up for bodyweight work? Pushups, pullups and dips? That isn't much weight...can you afford any more? Without more, bodyweight is the way to go.

This is a glimpse at some suggestions...

Chest
Pushups, 30 seconds between sets
Dips, 30 seconds between sets
One set of dumbbell presses to 100 reps

Triceps
Diamond Pushups, 30 seconds between sets
Seated Tricep Dumbbell Extensions, One set to 40-50 reps

Back
Pullups, 30 seconds between sets
DB Rows, One set to 40-50 reps

Pizza1337 11-05-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 9181)
You're going to need to do some bodyweight stuff and mix in rest-pause to maximize the weight.

You up for bodyweight work? Pushups, pullups and dips? That isn't much weight...can you afford any more? Without more, bodyweight is the way to go.

I might get some more weights.

this is fine for now i guess.

thank you(really really) :)

AthleteCreator 11-05-2009 08:05 PM

Are you the guy that likes milk?

Pizza1337 11-05-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthleteCreator (Post 9195)
Are you the guy that likes milk?

um yes.. i said i was vegetarian but i do drink milk.. (lacto-vegetarian)

:)

BendtheBar 11-05-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pizza1337 (Post 9193)
I might get some more weights.

this is fine for now i guess.

thank you(really really) :)

I'm hoping you get some more feedback from other members. 40 pounds is hard to work with, but bodyweight exercises really can go a long way if done right.

Should I keep going for other bodyparts?

jwood 11-05-2009 09:40 PM

Great post MAB, a great tool that you can make on your own for very cheap would be a sandbag, I believe athletecreater has a video of some stuff to do with sandbags in another post. I believe that I made mine for under 20 dollars and it was very simple to make, it is around 60-80 pounds. There is a ton of stuff you can do with it, like squats, cleans, overhead press, rows, curls, really anything.

Also you can just find a huge rock and pick it up, my friends and I did a lot of this sort of "caveman" training this summer and it works great, pick up anything throw it, and do it again. Get creative. Just my opinion, you do not need weights to get strong.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.