Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Yeah, it's not a meet... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11349)

DieselWeasel 10-10-2012 11:53 PM

Yeah, it's not a meet...

...but close enough. :thefinger:

This is in preparation for my next meet on November 11th:

I'm currently around 175, and will be cutting to 165. :eatdude:

ravimolasaria 10-11-2012 12:34 AM

Going great DW ... keep smashing the wts. ... :biglifter:

BendtheBar 10-11-2012 07:29 AM

Each lift looked smooth, especially that bench. Well done. Closing in on some pretty big milestones.

ehubbard 10-11-2012 08:13 AM

Strong session, Max! Bench and pull looked great! The squat was pretty ugly, and I know its normal for you to have a strong forward lean. I have been fighting this forever in my own squat and I think you are loosing 10-15 percent on your squat because of it. I would get your hands out a little further, and drive your elbows under the bar hard (something I think Sam Byrd once told you). Find a spot about 20 degrees up and look at it the whole time you squat, from setup to rack command (this should force you to pack your neck). This is the only thing that prevents me from folding over like an accordion. Either way good luck at your meet.

J_Byrd 10-11-2012 09:50 AM

very strong lifts! a little advice from a gear whore, keep driving those heels down during the whole bench rep.

ONpump17 10-11-2012 11:42 AM

Great lifting man!

BigJosh 10-11-2012 11:53 AM

That deadlift jumped out at me. Super big ass weight man!

Fazc 10-11-2012 12:01 PM

Solid! Well done!

storm1507 10-11-2012 01:45 PM

Great lifting. Is that your best DL?

DieselWeasel 10-11-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravimolasaria (Post 284058)
Going great DW ... keep smashing the wts. ... :biglifter:

Thanks, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 284081)
Each lift looked smooth, especially that bench. Well done. Closing in on some pretty big milestones.

Thanks, Steve. Yeah, maybe I should've also tried 290 after the 280, but my friend had to leave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehubbard (Post 284103)
Strong session, Max! Bench and pull looked great! The squat was pretty ugly, and I know its normal for you to have a strong forward lean. I have been fighting this forever in my own squat and I think you are loosing 10-15 percent on your squat because of it. I would get your hands out a little further, and drive your elbows under the bar hard (something I think Sam Byrd once told you). Find a spot about 20 degrees up and look at it the whole time you squat, from setup to rack command (this should force you to pack your neck). This is the only thing that prevents me from folding over like an accordion. Either way good luck at your meet.

Thanks, Eric. I'm conflicted in regards to the leaning of the torso. I mean, look at someone like Goggins, who was bent over like crazy when he did some squats around a grand. It seemed to work very well for him.

Bring the hands out further? I was reading that I should try to get them closer together because that would enable me to keep my chest up. Also, I think that the wider grip makes it more difficult to retract the scapula.

Yeah, I'll try to pack my neck. That should help. Thanks for the tips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 284140)
very strong lifts! a little advice from a gear whore, keep driving those heels down during the whole bench rep.

Thanks, J. That advice would apply if I was benching flat-footed, but my heels aren't down because they're further back, which puts me on the balls of my feet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONpump17 (Post 284165)
Great lifting man!

Thanks, bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 284170)
That deadlift jumped out at me. Super big ass weight man!

Thanks, Josh. Yeah, the 585 was a number I've been chasing for quite some time, and I finally got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 284172)
Solid! Well done!

Thanks, dude. Also, thanks for the help in the Sheiko CMS thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by storm1507 (Post 284196)
Great lifting. Is that your best DL?

Thanks. Yeah, that was a 15lb deadlift PR.