Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Holy shit eHubbard, seriously impressive strength! I'm pretty much stunned!

Love a bit of Soil too
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly McD. View Post
Really well done! A boat load of PR's and a PR total! Congratulations. That's a great day.

I noticed your set up on the 405 bench was much different from your 370. Looked like maybe your feet being extended in front of you instead of tucked cost you a few pounds because it killed your leg drive.
On a regular competition bench I think 405 would have been yours. No problem.
Thanks, Beverly!

My left hamstring was cramping whenever I tried to get into position to setup for my last bench. It was cramping from the moment I took it out, and just got worse as I tried to finish the lift. They were running a clock so I figured I didn't have time to get up and try and shake off the cramp. Probably wouldn't have helped anyway.
ehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn

ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Holy shit eHubbard, seriously impressive strength! I'm pretty much stunned!

Love a bit of Soil too
Thanks!

As for SOiL: Only with Ryan McCombs though. I hear he's back with them so hopefully we get a new album soon.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
Beverly McD
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

Cramps and a non-comp bench but you still managed to hit a 20 lb. PR.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #15
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
I wish and I really appreciate the offer. Baby Boy Hubbard is coming in 5-6 weeks, and we have an 18 month old at home now. I probably wont do another meet for a while (and it would likely be somewhere very local).

I would love to get back in gear, but I have a lot of work to do to get the most out of it. Part of me wants to keep doing raw meets until I best my best geared total (1925) in a raw with knee wraps meet. I will work the gear back in and just keep getting stronger. Since the IPA and RPS allow knee wraps in the raw division I'll start adding that in as well. I have a lot of numbers I want to hit geared and raw, so I'll just keep plugging away. The most important thing is to just keep enjoying what I'm doing. This also comes down to training partners. I have one very solid guy now, but obviously more guys like that would make it a lot easier to start throwing around heavy geared squats in my basement. I did the train in gear by yourself thing before and had a few close calls.

Well first off good luck with the new additon to the family. I understand about the whole training gear with limited people. It can be very hard, and sometimes too dangerous for its worth. At the end of the day lifting is something you have to enjoy, raw, gear, it doesnt really matter. Keep training, because if your anything like me, knowing you left some weight on the platform is going to drive you nuts!!!!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Well first off good luck with the new additon to the family. I understand about the whole training gear with limited people. It can be very hard, and sometimes too dangerous for its worth. At the end of the day lifting is something you have to enjoy, raw, gear, it doesnt really matter. Keep training, because if your anything like me, knowing you left some weight on the platform is going to drive you nuts!!!!
In my old age I'm beginning to figure out that as long as your hitting total PR's, leaving weight on the platform is exactly what you want to do.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #17
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Smart Water - Xtend - Gatorade - Pedialyte all non-stop. Also try beyond salt tabs, vitacost.com has them and some other products that are similar.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #18
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Wow - fantastic stuff.
Congrats on the huge total

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Wow - fantastic stuff.
Congrats on the huge total
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Smart Water - Xtend - Gatorade - Pedialyte all non-stop. Also try beyond salt tabs, vitacost.com has them and some other products that are similar.
Jeez Tony, you are predictable. I bet Jimmy that you would tell me to take Xtend and hear you are telling me to take boner pills again. JK
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Will the boner pill help?!?!?!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote