Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Metal Pro Briefs - Sizing help (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11182)

Fazc 09-21-2012 06:50 PM

Metal Pro Briefs - Sizing help
 
Little help guys; am I basing the metal sizing off thighs or hips?

http://www.sugdenbarbell.co.uk/uploa...1290965585.jpg

BendtheBar 09-21-2012 09:54 PM

Bump so it floats through the night.

jwood 09-21-2012 10:55 PM

I would take your measurements and then call them. Elite has awesome customer service that will guide you.

I know the guys at my gym always ask their advice before purchasing

Fazc 09-22-2012 03:24 AM

Thanks guys. I found this off EliteFTS:

Metal Gear Size Charts

Taking into account measurement around what they consider to the be the pelvis, I'm down for a size 36. So I reckon I should go with that, just my legs are a lot bigger than what they have down for their 36. So I was just wondering if it goes off the legs or hips.

LtL 09-22-2012 04:52 AM

Go on the site and contact one of the guys through the q&a section. They are usually pretty quick to come back. EliteFTS Facebook would work as well.

Al

Fazc 09-22-2012 05:24 AM

I emailed that Jo Jordan fella, I'm guessing it'll be a 36 or 38. Probably 36 since I'm planning on going down a little more.

J_Byrd 09-22-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 278919)
I emailed that Jo Jordan fella, I'm guessing it'll be a 36 or 38. Probably 36 since I'm planning on going down a little more.

Joe is the guy to talk to, he did size me about 2 sizes too big on my jack shirt though. I am hard to fit due to arm messurments though.

Are you looking at the Ace? or just the pro? I had a set of the pros and they were not hitting on much. I hear great stuff about the Ace though.

Fazc 09-22-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 278932)
Joe is the guy to talk to, he did size me about 2 sizes too big on my jack shirt though. I am hard to fit due to arm messurments though.

Are you looking at the Ace? or just the pro? I had a set of the pros and they were not hitting on much. I hear great stuff about the Ace though.

I've only really looked at the Pro, they're easy to get hold of in the UK.

What's the difference between the Ace and the Pro?

I think I may get the 36, since I'll probably be a little leaner and want it a little tighter anyway.

J_Byrd 09-22-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 278941)
I've only really looked at the Pro, they're easy to get hold of in the UK.

What's the difference between the Ace and the Pro?

I think I may get the 36, since I'll probably be a little leaner and want it a little tighter anyway.


To me felt like a lot of flex in the fabric, with little rebound. Mine were used, but I could get into a catchers stance with no weight. I liked my single ply brief better than the pros. The guys who like metal gear wear the ace. say it has a lot of both stop and rebound. Honeycutt has the jack briefs, they are thick, nice pop out of the hole from what I can see.

Fazc 09-22-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 278942)
To me felt like a lot of flex in the fabric, with little rebound. Mine were used, but I could get into a catchers stance with no weight. I liked my single ply brief better than the pros. The guys who like metal gear wear the ace. say it has a lot of both stop and rebound. Honeycutt has the jack briefs, they are thick, nice pop out of the hole from what I can see.

Interesting. I'll read about a bit more, I'll be purchasing something today so that's another option to consider.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.