Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #41
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I have read a little about what he does. Actually makes good sense. Its more of an old school style of training (think more like Kaz) with higher reps. He rotates ME Bench, 2board work, close grip as his main bench movements. He also does a lot of over head pressing stuff.

The worse part about this injury is not being able to see how far I could have pushed him at the XPC meet. Maybe next year!
I would love to see that jb! Heal up so next year this can be a reality!
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #42
ONpump17
Perservere
Max Brawn
Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52 Points: 6,485, Level: 52
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4 serious years, 1 meet
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Water
ONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machineONpump17 is a lifting machine

We sort of touched on this in this thread, so I didn't feel a new thread was necessary. Quote from Donnie Thompson from facebook:
"Just enjoy lifting however you can, lift in any organization you want! In the grand scheme of things, if you squat, bench and deadlift....you have my respect and a friend in Donnie Thompson!
I will never bash a lifter!!"
"Choose to not to be a product of your environment, but rather a product of your desires."Kroc
Comp Lifts(lb/kg): Squat: 385/175 Bench: 231/105 Deadlift: 463/210 Best Lifts: Squat: 395/180 Bench: 250/113 Deadlift: 475/215
ONpump17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #43
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Very nice, everyone that I know that has trained with him has had good things to say about him and how he treats all the different methods and ways people prefer to train.

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #44
brandonlilly3
New Brawn
Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

brandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good posts

Hey whats up guys? Someone pointed me this way and I felt compelled to clarify. My status was directed at people who fail to ever push their squat, make every excuse in the world to avoid it but somehow muster the courage to load 37 plates a side and do 1/4 reps. I have squatted 800 with knee wraps in a meet, 735 without, and I routinely use 500-600 on the leg press. Literally with that weight I can barely roll out of the leg press at times. I leg press twice a week. I was focusing on guys who would rather move a ton of weight get no muscle stimulation at all and walk out like they did something.

I also do shrugs twice a week. I use 315-405 and do squeeze reps, and I also move the weights slowly and deliberately. I see guys using twice that weight for a 1 inch ROM and wonder what they hope to accomplish? You guys will find that I am probably one of the quiestest people you could meet in person, but I guess my personality is allowed to come out some through my writing and videos. I am no nonsense about the gym, and training, and I would like to think I call a spade a spade. I try to put fun into whatever I do, but never want to disrespect a lifter that works hard, just dumbasses who leg press and shrug 5 times what they squat or deadlift
brandonlilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #45
elijah
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Supp: Red meat & diet Rockstar
elijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributor

Big respect for you and your lifting from me. I think any real lifter completely understood what you were saying.
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #46
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlilly3 View Post
I also do shrugs twice a week. I use 315-405 and do squeeze reps, and I also move the weights slowly and deliberately. I see guys using twice that weight for a 1 inch ROM and wonder what they hope to accomplish? You guys will find that I am probably one of the quiestest people you could meet in person, but I guess my personality is allowed to come out some through my writing and videos. I am no nonsense about the gym, and training, and I would like to think I call a spade a spade. I try to put fun into whatever I do, but never want to disrespect a lifter that works hard, just dumbasses who leg press and shrug 5 times what they squat or deadlift
I Dont think people would disagree with that

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #47
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Hey whats up guys? Someone pointed me this way and I felt compelled to clarify. My status was directed at people who fail to ever push their squat, make every excuse in the world to avoid it but somehow muster the courage to load 37 plates a side and do 1/4 reps. I have squatted 800 with knee wraps in a meet, 735 without, and I routinely use 500-600 on the leg press. Literally with that weight I can barely roll out of the leg press at times. I leg press twice a week. I was focusing on guys who would rather move a ton of weight get no muscle stimulation at all and walk out like they did something.

Thanks for taking the time to post and clarify. Hope you stick around. We could all learn a lot from your experience.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #48
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Thanks for dropping in Brandon, feel free to stick around brother
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #49
brandonlilly3
New Brawn
Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

brandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good postsbrandonlilly3 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Thanks for dropping in Brandon, feel free to stick around brother
Thanks. Board seems cool. Ill be aroud
brandonlilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #50
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks. Board seems cool. Ill be aroud
Hey! Welcome aboard, I'm a big fan!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote