Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!
Default Pull, Press, Squat

Quote:
Disclaimer: Please consult a doctor before starting any training program. Or in this case, you may need a doctor AFTER starting it. Either way, a doctor will be involved at some point Iím pretty sure.

The basic outline of the Pull-Press-Squat or PPS method came from the early stages my strongman training. My training partners and I knew that all strongman contest events involved some kind of pressing, some kind of pulling, and lots of leg strength. We also liked to train at a higher volume and wanted to squat, pull, and press more than just once a week. So we started doing workouts that involved some form of a press, pull, and squat in EACH training session three times a week. The other days would usually be filled in with either event training, plyo, or skill work. We are not just talking about bench presses, deadlifts, and back squats exclusively, but many various exercises cycled in and out as you will see. Again, itís never the science behind a training method, it always comes down to the effort that YOU put into it.

Read more... Pull, Press, Squat
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I like it Swede. I did something very similar pre-March this year. Working full body variations 3-4 times a week.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I like it Swede. I did something very similar pre-March this year. Working full body variations 3-4 times a week.
I remember your training from then. I like it too, whenever I change things up I tend to end up back at fullbody after a while.