Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast
Default Deadlifts killing my squat?

Around a month ago I went from squatting nearly 400 to hitting a triple with 315 is very hard. I don't know what's been going on. I know that when I deadlift(Friday. I squat on Monday) I have been killing the volume and weight with deads and good mornings and a bit of extra upper back work. At first I thought it was sleep, but I've been getting more sleep and I'm still having the same problem. Maybe it's eating? Although...

My bench press is going back up from the slight injury I had. I believe it will soon be stronger than it was before. My deadlift is going up. My press is going up a bit and subsequently, my push press.

Here's my thing: I don't want to cut back on my deadlifting volume. I enjoy working up to a heavy triple(and as this past month, 3x3 with the same weight) and/or a single or two. I love it.

Solution: What to do? Deadlift less and/or eat more? Yes, I have answered my question with two possibilities, but I want suggestions of more experienced lifters to see if there's something I can do besides simply eat more. I don't have the money to feed myself a whole lot more right now and it doesn't help that my mom has been doing crossfit and dieting these past few months which means we have a lot less food than we used to. (and strangely enough, less meat)
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links