Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!
Default Gear

I gotta tell you guys, I just love lifting gear. Knee Wraps, Belts, Bands, Briefs, Slingshots, Shirts, Suits everything!

I wouldn't be lifting at this level right now, if it wasn't for my trusty range of lifting contraptions and equipment.

VIVA EQUIPMENT!!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

No Slingshot, no bench for me. Simple.

And the spud belt. Love it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Question. I keep tweeking my right knee and am thinking about buying something for knee support. Would wraps or a sleeves be a better option?

And to add to the discussion, I love my inzer belt. It works awesome and is of high enough qualtiy that I would imagine I'll never need to purchase another one again as long as I don't gain or lose too much weight.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
Duff
Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 6
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: beef
Duff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributor

[QUOTE=BigJosh;259759]Question. I keep tweeking my right knee and am thinking about buying something for knee support. Would wraps or a sleeves be a better option?

I would say both, I have a pair of Rehband knee sleeves I put on before squatting and if things get heavy I throw the knee wraps on. The sleeves keep everything nice and warm and a warm joint is a happy joint.

Also I'm a gear whore to, I like poly.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

There is no way I would still be competing if I had to lift raw. I would still be lifting, but not to max.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I've been noticing that as I get older and older, my hips start getting very beat up from squatting. I may break down and get some briefs one day...but I'm putting it off as long as I can.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
Duff
Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 6
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: beef
Duff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributorDuff is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I've been noticing that as I get older and older, my hips start getting very beat up from squatting. I may break down and get some briefs one day...but I'm putting it off as long as I can.
I bought a pair of these to help with my granny hips they seem to help, they keep everything warm.

Jackal's Gym - Store
Old 07-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1 year+
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

straps...theres my gear lol
Old 07-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

That's how it starts 77. Give it a few years and you'll be one of us, you've already got the
beard.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Spud Belt...a note of sizing:

Quote:
* Medium - 27-32
* Large - 33-38
* XL - 38-44
* 2XL - 44-50
I got a 2XL and it's 1/2 inch from being too big. I can't see this size necessary unless you weigh 375-400 pounds. I should have purchased an XL. The 2XL size isn't correct. It should probably read 52-60 inches.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-09-2012 at 11:30 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote