Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast
Default Tracker Video Analysis

Just copying this straight from my log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
So, although I should be revising for tomorrows exam, I've spent the last couple of hours playing with a program I found. Being an engineering student, I think it's awesome. It's called Tracker and basically you open up a video in it, set up a co-ordinate system and reference an object size and from this you can do all sorts, calculate velocities, acceleration etc.. Mike Tuchscherer uses a lot of stuff like this, although he has a Tendo unit and has some real precision with the way he approaches training. I find this stuff really interesting so thought I'd share it quickly.

Here is a snapshot of one of my benches this morning.

Having set the y-axis roughly along the bar path I set the graphs on the right to be y-acceleration/y-velocity against y-displacement. The graphs can pin point where the acceleration was lowest, i.e the weakest point of the lift. Can also see that the bar path isn't straight, for the first part of the lift the bar moves backwards, maybe over-tucking the elbows.

This is just a rough play around with it and it isn't the best camera angle but I still think this can come in useful for analysing lifts.

It's available to download here: Tracker Video Analysis and Modeling Tool for Physics Education

This is an article I found about its use but I haven't had time to read it thoroughly: Strength Musings: Weakness Identification: Version 2.0