Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dumbbell Sumo Deadlift (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10085)

themaster2981 05-26-2012 12:14 PM

Dumbbell Sumo Deadlift

Hot and mature Sumo Deadlift using dumbbells.

Fazc 05-26-2012 12:24 PM

She would annoy the hell out of me.

BendtheBar 05-26-2012 03:35 PM

She almost worked up to my daughter's warmup weight.

themaster2981 05-27-2012 04:51 AM

Guys this is for knowledge purposes.

BendtheBar 05-27-2012 07:38 AM

Our mistake. Thought you were admiring the view, so to speak.

Have you also looked into goblet squats?

Fazc 05-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaster2981 (Post 245361)
Guys this is for knowledge purposes.

Might need some explanation then mate. Can't say I can see the purpose, what could such light weights possibly teach you about productive training?

themaster2981 05-27-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 245444)
Might need some explanation then mate. Can't say I can see the purpose, what could such light weights possibly teach you about productive training?

Hey Fazc,

Thanks for your response.

I don't know what to tell you, frankly, I mean if only heavyweights are productive weights, then what about the people on MAB who are working hard in the Gym for weight loss or mere fitness or toning.

You know better, but I at least know one person on MAB who has lost 40 pounds, so not necessarily people who come on MAB or are members of MAB community come for weight gain, powerlifting, and to gain size.

Different athletes have different targets and MAB does not discriminate among athletes who seek fitness. I had a word with Steve on this. I cannot hold a myopic view of powerlifting and post only 150 - 200 lbs DB lifts to convey my point. Though I am a lifter myself.

I workout only with DBs as I don't have access to Barbells and I know as a lifter it is difficult, so this video was posted with a purpose of conveying that Sumo Deadlifts are possible with DBs. Any athlete on MAB who is in the same situation as I am can access the thread and understand how, through this video. We all are intelligent enough here to understand our respective abilities of picking up weights. It can be 20 lbs and 200 lbs, it depends.

And I disagree with the norm that the amount of weight lifted is the only yardstick to determine an athlete's ability. Everybody is not in the gym to bench 600 lbs and squat 1000 lbs.

Next comes the form, I doubt there is anything wrong with the form of the female athlete in the video. As you have not commented anything against her form. I assume its correct.

For me every drop of sweat dripping after a honest workout by any kind of athlete carries a lot of value. Be that sweat from lifting 20 lb DB or 200 lb DB.

Have a nice day.

Fazc 05-27-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaster2981 (Post 245461)
I don't know what to tell you, frankly, I mean if only heavyweights are productive weights, then what about the people on MAB who are working hard in the Gym for weight loss or mere fitness or toning.

You've misunderstood me. Heavy weights are relative, and in this case they weren't heavy or productive for her. I made no mention of anyone having to use 200lbs dumbells so I would appreciate it if you didn't attribute words to me that I didn't say. I am simply asking a question, with the weights being so unchallenging to her what exactly was the point of her doing that exercise? It would not have provided any fitness, or stretching, or taxed her in the slightest. So where was the adaption, what was the point?

Whether in the gym for fitness or toning or whatever other goal the weights used need to at least be challenging for the individual. What was in the video wasn't challenging to her in the slightest, so I ask again what exactly was the purpose?

Lifting for fitness or toning does not mean easy workouts, women don't have to use easy weights... that people are lead to believe that if they merely want to tone, or lift for fitness, or worse if they are women they must lift light weights is one of the tragedies of misinformation on the internet. Those are fitness myths which prevent people from progressing to their goals and that is why I challenged the video.

themaster2981 05-27-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

I am simply asking a question, with the weights being so unchallenging to her what exactly was the point of her doing that exercise? It would not have provided any fitness, or stretching, or taxed her in the slightest. So where was the adaption, what was the point?
The point is to show that Sumo DLs are possible without barbells. That's all. I don't have the time to see if the weight is challenging for her or not. Frankly, I don't care about it. All I know is that I saw this and learned DB DLs . I pick up relatively challenging weights, and any rational athlete can learn from this video.

Fazc 05-27-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themaster2981 (Post 245466)
The point is to show that Sumo DLs are possible without barbells. That's all. I don't have the time to see if the weight is challenging for her or not. Frankly, I don't care about it. All I know is that I saw this and learned DB DLs . I pick up relatively challenging weights, and any rational athlete can learn from this video.

Hmmm.

If I were you I would consider why you get so defensive when someone questions you. An easy solution would be not to post, this is a public forum after all. A more sensible solution might be actually have a conversation and answer the question being asked without resorting to inferring insults and strawman arguments.

If your next reply is more of the same, I won't be replying.