Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Soaking up excess grease (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9851)

henryh 05-02-2012 01:29 PM

Soaking up excess grease

How many of you use a napkin to soak up the excess grease on your pizza? Does it really help you save a lot?

Rich Knapp 05-02-2012 01:32 PM

Paper towel for me. Napkins leave a paper trail. ;)

Goat 05-02-2012 01:59 PM

I use my tongue.

5kgLifter 05-02-2012 02:15 PM

Excess grease, that's the good stuff :chow:

ricka182 05-02-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryh (Post 238047)
How many of you use a napkin to soak up the excess grease on your pizza? Does it really help you save a lot?

I do if it's very greasy..but only to make it easier to eat without making a mess and dripping all over. I don't think the calories saved from blotting is significant in anyway at all..

bruteforce 05-02-2012 03:02 PM

Maybe its just me, but I haven't seen a pizza with excess grease in a long time, I think since I stopped buying frozen ones. Though according to Dave Tate, you should douse that thing in oil before you eat it. Get HOODGE!

5kgLifter 05-02-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 238089)
Maybe its just me, but I haven't seen a pizza with excess grease in a long time, I think since I stopped buying frozen ones. Though according to Dave Tate, you should douse that thing in oil before you eat it. Get HOODGE!

On that point, I'm not sure I've ever seen one dripping with grease, either frozen or fresh.

Chillen 05-02-2012 05:30 PM

To me its simple logic. My wife and I get our meat fresh from a local butcher, and we just love their sausage (hamburger style) flavor. It has little fat, and basically what you see in the meat is nearly what you get on the plate after cooking. However, there is about a 1/4 cup of oil/grease or so after cooking. Now if you look at the labels of your favorite cooking oils (or even the less desirable), there are very high in calories for a very small portion size. Since the oil/grease left over, is basically fat heating up and liquifying, is it safe to assume that this could have near the same calorie content of cooking oil we use (like canola, vegetable, etc). So by soaking this up, pouring it off, running water over the meat, does in deed save a lot of calories--if one is so inclined in being concerned about--unnecessary or hidden calorie content.

Best regards,

Chillen

seth78 05-02-2012 05:31 PM

NO I never do. I figured that is what makes the pizza good.

TitanCT 05-02-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henryh (Post 238047)

if you're eating a pizza, don't even bother...