Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Foods to avoid (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9737)

superdude 04-23-2012 01:51 PM

Foods to avoid

I need to lose a few pounds. Which foods do I need to avoid? I had heard that if you are trying to lose weight on a body builders diet you should not eat fruit. Is this true and why if so?

bamazav 04-23-2012 01:56 PM

You will get as many different answers as there are people you ask. Here are a few agreed upon foods to avoid. Liver, hairy fish, sour braten, broccoli and squash.... oh wait that was my list as a kid.

Watch the empty calories, IMHO, those are what get people more than whole foods. I have a friend that used to sit down and chug 6 Dr. Peppers before we even got our meal. Those alone had as many or more calories than his heuvos rancheros.

5kgLifter 04-23-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdude (Post 235360)
I need to lose a few pounds. Which foods do I need to avoid? I had heard that if you are trying to lose weight on a body builders diet you should not eat fruit. Is this true and why if so?

Avoiding fruit in a bid to lose weight, on any diet, is a load of cobblers.

Off Road 04-23-2012 03:30 PM

"I always get suspicious whenever someone suggests that it's the fruit in their diet that's making them fat. I've seen a lot of crazy things in my time, but I've yet to encounter anyone whose admitted to polishing off a bag of apples while watching Dancing with the Stars..."

- Shelby Starnes

bamazav 04-23-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 235381)
Avoiding fruit in a bid to lose weight, on any diet, is a load of cobblers.

I love fruit, but I am not sure about this load of shoemaker stuff.

IronWill 04-23-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 235389)
"I always get suspicious whenever someone suggests that it's the fruit in their diet that's making them fat. I've seen a lot of crazy things in my time, but I've yet to encounter anyone whose admitted to polishing off a bag of apples while watching Dancing with the Stars..."

- Shelby Starnes

I Laughed Out Loud! :)

TitanCT 04-23-2012 03:58 PM

i dont eat fruit on my cuts. i keep my carbs complex. on a bulk...bring them on!
personal preference since im carb sensitive.

5kgLifter 04-23-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 235389)

- Shelby Starnes

He obviously never met my sister-in-law, who munched her way very noisily through a bag of apples during Lord of the Rings at a packed cinema :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 235400)
I love fruit, but I am not sure about this load of shoemaker stuff.

...fruit cobbler :)