Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fresh pineapple (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9647)

gotta get fit 04-14-2012 08:20 AM

Fresh pineapple

I never thought I liked pineapple. Growing up I ate it once in a while for school lunches but could never finish the serving. Did not buy it when I moved out on my own. Last week I was at a party and a friend urged me to try the pineapple as she said it was amazing. And guess what? I loved it. There is a huge difference in fresh and canned pineapple. I will be buying fresh pineapple from now on.

Jen 04-14-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotta get fit (Post 232881)
I never thought I liked pineapple. Growing up I ate it once in a while for school lunches but could never finish the serving. Did not buy it when I moved out on my own. Last week I was at a party and a friend urged me to try the pineapple as she said it was amazing. And guess what? I loved it. There is a huge difference in fresh and canned pineapple. I will be buying fresh pineapple from now on.

loooooooooooooove pineapple -- especially on pizza

Tannhauser 04-14-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Just make sure you clean your teeth afterwards. Bromelain will do wonders at digesting your gums.

bamazav 04-14-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannhauser (Post 232892)
Just make sure you clean your teeth afterwards. Bromelain will do wonders at digesting your gums.

Will have to remember that tid bit.

Fresh Pineapple is also a good natural treatment for intestinal parasites. Kinda gross, but good to know if you ever get any.

tank 04-14-2012 03:02 PM

In Korea, I had pineapple that was gently roasted and lightly sprinkled with cinnamon. It was delicious. The fact that it was in Korea is sort of misleading because it was a Brazilian steakhouse. :) A "Chirrasco" I think they're called.

bamazav 04-14-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank (Post 233019)
In Korea, I had pineapple that was gently roasted and lightly sprinkled with cinnamon. It was delicious. The fact that it was in Korea is sort of misleading because it was a Brazilian steakhouse. :) A "Chirrasco" I think they're called.

I love me a Brazilian Steakhouse. a low carbers nirvana.

TitanCT 04-15-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Pineapple is my post workout quick carbs...when i bulk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen (Post 232889)
loooooooooooooove pineapple -- especially on pizza

BLASPHEMOUR!!!

fatcar 04-15-2012 10:51 AM

Fresh pineapple is the best. Canned just does not give you the full flavor.

5kgLifter 04-15-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcar (Post 233226)
Fresh pineapple is the best. Canned just does not give you the full flavor.

That's because it's less acidic.

I can't tolerate the acid in fresh pineapple, it literally burns my mouth :(, but I can eat canned pineapple, thankfully.

muscle_g 04-15-2012 04:22 PM

I love fresh and canned pineapple!!! Lee Haney said in his book that it has a enzyme in it that helps your body digest protein.