Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   7 Tips For Getting Shredded In One Week (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9612)

BendtheBar 04-11-2012 09:47 AM

7 Tips For Getting Shredded In One Week

7 Tips For Getting Shredded In One Week

I received an email with this title in my inbox today.

Here are the tips:

Quote:

1. Slash the calories – but only by a bit
  2. Keep hitting the weights
  3. Get a tan
  4. Run a week of ECA
  5. Bump up your water
  6. Lots of greens
  7. 30 minutes cardio per day

The email then ends with the let down:

Quote:

Granted, if you’re currently sitting at 30% body fat and carry about 40 pounds more fat than you need, then a single week of crash cutting isn’t going to help you all that much.
Quote:

But if you’re sitting at 12 to 15 percent body fat and are looking to shave down some fat and cut a little water for a photo shoot, cruise, wedding, or other special event, then using these tips will help you to get on your way!
Good tips if you are 12% bodyfat, but I wager if you are you already know how to get shredded. So then...

SeventySeven 04-11-2012 09:57 AM

hahaha, oh the humanity.

IronManlet 04-11-2012 10:18 AM

Eat less, and move more.

BendtheBar 04-11-2012 10:23 AM

I'm going to try #3 this week. Will report back.

bamazav 04-11-2012 11:08 AM

12-15% to shreded in one Week? Define shredded! I submit it is impossible without muscle loss, dehydration and reaching near starvation status.

Steve, you should name names, who ever sent this is crazy.

BendtheBar 04-11-2012 11:17 AM

I would name names but they are a huge Canadian supplement store and because of my work ties I don't really feel comfortable kicking the competition.

They even have a magazine that contains articles like this. It also pushes supplements that are supposedly "steroid-like" in impact.

Strong snake oil.

Jen 04-11-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bendthebar (Post 231834)
i'm going to try #3 this week. Will report back.

hhahahaaaaaaaaaa!

BendtheBar 04-11-2012 11:45 AM

If I were making a "get shredded in a week list", it would start with:

1) Walk 20 miles per day.
2) Eat only broth.
3) Get a tan.

Chillen 04-11-2012 12:24 PM

1. Slash the calories – but only by a bit
  2. Keep hitting the weights
  3. Get a tan
  4. Run a week of ECA
  5. Bump up your water
  6. Lots of greens
  7. 30 minutes cardio per day

This deserves a BS flag:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ag_Product.jpg

I dislike persons putting out information like this with out remotely considering individual particulars--even with the approximate 12% he may suggest, as it does not take into account the specific physique starting point of the individual and other variables that may have to be considered:

Blanket the masses with BS, and in the hopes to snag a few ignorant peeps (in other words not having an educated eye when they read or receive material) to bring in a few clients to make money. Period.

For example: What if one individual is skinny-fat? He has 12 percent BF, but very little skeletal muscle and is rather boney? Sure, not everyone is out to be huge, but adding in a few extra pounds of muscle on a already boney frame, will look better when the person leans out and wants to get ripped.

Couple of other issues:

No mention on how to determine your calories needs in which leads to setting up the deficit amount.

ECA stack isn't required to get ripped (I did it, and maintain it, without it)

Cardiovascular activity in some cases are not required, although may be optimal for some that respond rather well to it.

No mention of protein, and most in the know would agree that if you are calorie deficit, protein does become in a higher degree of importance due to the specific negatives of calorie deficit (dependent)

To bad there isn't a weed eater on the internet. :(

big_swede 04-11-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 231834)
I'm going to try #3 this week. Will report back.

30 mins of tanning, 30 mins of curls and youre there in an hour!