Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
wannabesquatter
New Brawn
Points: 174, Level: 3 Points: 174, Level: 3 Points: 174, Level: 3
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

wannabesquatter is off to a good startwannabesquatter is off to a good startwannabesquatter is off to a good start
Default Disadvantages of skipping breakfast

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What are the disadvantages of skipping it?
wannabesquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabesquatter View Post
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. What are the disadvantages of skipping it?
never skip breakfast!!!
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
angie828
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor

I always over eat the rest of the day when I skip breakfast.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

You've skipped your chance to be awesome for the day.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
jmoore87
Brawn
Points: 268, Level: 5 Points: 268, Level: 5 Points: 268, Level: 5
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Chocolate Milk
jmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good posts

Quote:
You are coming off of a 7-10 hour fast from the night before. You are missing an opportunity to replenish your glycogen (stored sugars in liver and muscle) levels. This is also a time when your body is very receptive to a carbohydrate meal (ie your body will use it very efficiently). Plus you will be hungry..and that just sucks.
Deadlift 551, 540

Offseason mode to heal up!

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...fting-log.html
jmoore87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
I guess this depends on each person really. When I was in my teens and through to the age of 24y/o, working in a security printers' factory lifting heavy stuff and on the move all day, I never ate anything until midday but I was fine; neither did I drink coffee etc.

Once I started eating breakfast, just a few years back, I notice that if I don't have breakfast now, I flag badly. So, maybe the body just gets used to certain eating habits.

IF-ers, don't eat for hours yet do demanding tasks and are fine. It's not as if the body has no energy stores on which to draw; I guess the body just adapts to what we throw at it, even our eating cycles/patterns.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
You've skipped your chance to be awesome for the day.
HAHA! I laughed.

@OP- You miss out on much needed calories.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Think of breakfast as "break your fast".

During the night, lets say you sleep 8 hours. It was probably an hour before you went to sleep that you had your last meal. That's 9 hours that your body is in a fasting, catabolic state.

When you wake up, your body has went that long without those essential calories - protein in particular.

Before you go to bed, you can help out by taking some sort of casein - muscle milk, cottage cheese, etc. as they are slow releasing protein versus something like whey that is fast absorption.

If you would skip breakfast, it's that much longer you go without that protein needed to "break your fast".

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Think of breakfast as "break your fast".

During the night, lets say you sleep 8 hours. It was probably an hour before you went to sleep that you had your last meal. That's 9 hours that your body is in a fasting, catabolic state.

When you wake up, your body has went that long without those essential calories - protein in particular.

Before you go to bed, you can help out by taking some sort of casein - muscle milk, cottage cheese, etc. as they are slow releasing protein versus something like whey that is fast absorption.

If you would skip breakfast, it's that much longer you go without that protein needed to "break your fast".

good post, but i gotta say this.
Protein, Carbs, Fats. all equally important and almost always, all should be in your breakfast. Its only occasionally that youd wanna drop even a small amount of carbs from bfast, but there are exceptions. like always.

you also need water asap.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
good post, but i gotta say this.
Protein, Carbs, Fats. all equally important and almost always, all should be in your breakfast. Its only occasionally that youd wanna drop even a small amount of carbs from bfast, but there are exceptions. like always.

you also need water asap.
Oh yeah, definitely. Especially if you workout in the mornings. You'll need those carbs to fuel your workouts.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote