Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Favorite Protein Brand (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8864)

jwood 02-02-2012 09:47 PM

Favorite Protein Brand

This topic has probably been brought up a ton of times, but we have a lot of new faces around here so I want some opinions.....

What is your favorite protein powder?

Do you buy protein just for the price or do you go for a quality product? Do you think it really makes a difference?

I am getting ready to buy some more protein and I always debate with myself just to buy the cheapest or go for something more quality. Right now I have vpx syngex, it is pretty good and very cheap. Just want to see what you guys think.

BigJosh 02-02-2012 10:03 PM

I use either dymatize elite whey protein isolate or Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. Both are quality products from reliable companies and both are reasonably priced.
I recently tried MGN american isolate and it made me sick every time I used it.

BendtheBar 02-02-2012 10:03 PM

I stick with IsoFuel. Tastes great, no aspartame and 104 cals per serving. When this is out of stock I go with Muscle Gauge cinnamon bun or chocolate caramel.

bamazav 02-02-2012 10:20 PM

Flavor wise I like Gaspari myofusion. Dymatize Fusion 7 is the only D product that didn't leave a bad after taste. MGN is not bad, if you get the isolate. ON was just meh to me. I have also tried some of the online companies, Atlarge, buybulkwhey(think they have gone belly up), American Pure Whey, and just order 2 one pounders from truprotein to try. overall, myofusion is my favorite but they seem to be moving away from the hydro to their new priobotic, which I haven't tried. Oh... Matrix 5.0 is not bad either. Can you tell I like blends?

Don't worry Steve. I have a Fit For The King order to make so I will be ordering from M&S this week.

bruteforce 02-02-2012 11:12 PM

IsoFuel for PWO
MGN Cinnamon Bun to mix with my coffee
BSN Syntha-6 Cookies and Cream was the best tasting I've had, but too expensive for what it offered.

mab54 02-02-2012 11:21 PM

When it is available Scivation chocolate!

I can't really afford that though so have to stick with Walmart and buy BodyFortress or SixStar, not a bad taste but not the best whey out there.

BendtheBar 02-02-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 213499)

Don't worry Steve. I have a Fit For The King order to make so I will be ordering from M&S this week.

No worries at all.

I try to keep supplements and affiliates on the "down low" here. I appreciate any/all support but never try to beg.

Off Road 02-02-2012 11:36 PM

AtLarge Nutrition's Chocolate Nitrean is my hands down favorite. Mixes easily and tastes wonderful. Plus they do a lot for powerlifting with sponsorships etc.