Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Artificial Sweetener Disease (ASD)

Found this so I thought I would share for conversation.

Artificial Sweetener Disease; a new breed of sickness

(NaturalNews) Artificial Sweetener Disease (ASD) is sweeping across America, affecting tens of thousands of consumers, and Western medicine calls it anything but what it really is, so that doctors can prescribe expensive pharmaceuticals and set up "check up" appointments for the following weeks.

Call it recurring headaches, unbearable migraines, depression, anxiety, muscle pain, arthritis flare ups, buzzing or ringing in the ears, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn's disease, inflammation, even acid reflux, but don't call it ASD, or the patient may stop consuming synthetic sweeteners, and then not schedule more doctor visits.

The symptoms of ASD can change overnight, depending on how much chemical sweetener you consume, and which ones. Some combinations are especially toxic. Consumers can go from a migraine headache to vomiting or from vision problems to an upset stomach. Many people experience central nervous system disorders, cramping, nervous twitches and abnormal reflexes. (Aspartame (Nutrasweet) Toxicity Information Center)

It all started when Ronald Reagan took office in 1980. He immediately fired the head of the FDA, under advisement from Donald Rumsfeld (CEO of Searle Pharmaceutical at the time), and hired Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr., who auspiciously approved aspartame. It was the decade of the diet craze, and Rumsfeld and his constituents made a fortune off the artificial sweetener which had been banned for decades due to laboratory testing results proving it was carcinogenic. The same FDA tainted approval process gave way to sucralose in 1991, and then sorbitol in 2003. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbi...)

Gulf War Syndrome mainly ASD
It is not a coincidence that a wave of fibromyalgia cases hit the American troops during the Gulf War. Studies revealed that drinking diet sodas in the 120 degree heat lead to serious health repercussions. It was cleverly chalked up under the umbrella term "Gulf War Syndrome," but the same problems are occurring for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan now. (http://www.militaryspot.com/resourc...)

It is also no coincidence that 4 out of 5 fibromyalgia cases affect women, who are more likely to eat diet foods and consume diet drinks than men. Nearly all chewing gum and breath mints are loaded with artificial sweeteners. (http://healthwyze.org/index.php/com...)

The popular saying that "there's not enough artificial sweetener in any specific product to cause health concerns" is a lie, especially now that in 2011 there are synthetic sweeteners in over 25% of all food, drink, gum and candy available. This cumulative effect has created ASD, and thanks to little or no regulation of chemical agents in food, it's not going away any time soon.

There is no prescription drug, and there never will be one, that cures the problems that artificial sweeteners create. In fact, over 70 percent of reported cases of fibromyalgia, chronic depression, IBS and acid reflux are caused by consuming chemical agents which have been approved by the FDA for consumption. (http://www.foodintol.com/food_intol...)

Cancer may be the distant, long term result of consuming chemicals, but ASD is the short term consequence, and it is very serious. If you look to prescription drugs to cure these "chronic ailments," then you will experience even more side effects from the prescription medicines, and maybe worse ones than you already have.

The good news is the cure for Artificial Sweetener Disease is absolutely free and involves no doctor, no health insurance co-pays, and has zero side effects. Here is the secret cure for ASD: throw away your sugar free gum and candy, and then trash all foods and drinks you have that are labeled "light" and "zero." Read the labels on everything, so you can filter out all artificial sweeteners from your products, including aspartame, sucralose, sorbitol, acesulfame-k, aspartic acid, and saccharine.

As an alternative to poisoning yourself, try Xylitol or Stevia in order to cut calories, or simply eat more organic vegetables! If problems persist, take a list of everything you ate this week to your Naturopath or Nutritionist to analyze. Remember, if you're getting sick from moldy bread, don't look for a prescription drug to cure you, just stop eating moldy bread.

Sources for this article include

Aspartame (Nutrasweet) Toxicity Information Center

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robbi...

http://www.militaryspot.com/resourc...

ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER, ASPARTAME, (EQUAL, NUTRASWEET) LINKED TO BREAST CANCER AND GULF WAR SYNDROME

http://www.medicinenet.com/artifici...

Diet Sweeteners Can Make You Sick and Fat

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/as...

http://www.foodintol.com/food_intol...

http://healthwyze.org/index.php/com...

http://www.thepanelist.net/general-...

http://www.naturalnews.com/034320_a...

http://www.naturalnews.com/033914_S...

Learn more: Artificial Sweetener Disease; a new breed of sickness

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

not that we shouldn't try, but it's tough to avoid the stuff anymore!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
not that we shouldn't try, but it's tough to avoid the stuff anymore!
Yeah, that's a fact! Unless you go out and kill the beef, you can't even be sure the monsters haven't loaded that with sweetners either, not that it needs it but that doesn't deter them.

Then we have a host of people saying that it's not possible to consume enough to cause issues and I reckon we're all smart enough to know that even a minute amount can be a trigger for some people.

One kid had terrible migraines from the age of 4; no way to control them with meds and the parents were at their wits end, then they took him off hotdogs (his favourite food, which speaks volumes) and found it was the nitrates (??) in them that was causing the headaches...I may have already mentioned that on here before, but it seemed appropriate to bring it up again. the thing is, the docs just kept giving him migraine meds, he kept suffering even with the meds and his parents did not know what to do and the kid himself drew pictures of wanting to die (at the age of 4) which I can sympathise with due to the pain and not feeling there is any way out but knowing that it will just keep happening week after week.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
tank
Max Brawn

tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

poor kid. that is awful. at least they figure it out and he was cured, right, or am i assuming incorrectly?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
poor kid. that is awful. at least they figure it out and he was cured, right, or am i assuming incorrectly?
He was cured, yes...as long as he avoided nitrite/nitrates (? not sure which, but that sort of name).

He fell off his diet once, I believe, because he was at a party (an unscheduled eating place which they hadn't accounted for) and he had a hotdog but thankfully he only suffered a minor headache which was enough of a reminder.

The parents sat on tenterhooks always expecting the next vicious migraine whilst he ate the elimination diet but there never was one, they just ceased overnight.

If only the medical profession bothered to use the resources at hand maybe people wouldn't need to consume so many meds and, as shown, diet could be manipulated in some cases, at least.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
KBKeith
New Brawn
Points: 215, Level: 4 Points: 215, Level: 4 Points: 215, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

KBKeith is off to a bad start

Wow I never realized the effects of this. Thanks for sharing and letting us all know.
KBKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBKeith View Post
Wow I never realized the effects of this. Thanks for sharing and letting us all know.
I wouldn't worry too much. BTB said at the start that it was posted for discussion, which is not the same as 'unqualified acceptance'.

You should bear in mind that naturalnews.com (the source of the article) is run by Mike Adams. I'm trying to think of a diplomatic way to describe him. Let's just say that his views are not generally accepted by the medical community, that he is a conspiracy theorist with a bee in his bonnet abut psychiatry, vaccines and Big Pharma.

Just to give you a taste, here's his view of breast awareness week:

Quote:
Because of all this, the symbol of the breast cancer industry in the United States -- the pink ribbon -- is not at all a symbol of compassion or caring. It is not a symbol of empowering women, or educating women about so-called "treatment options." The pink ribbon is a symbol of male-dominated control over women. Turn the pink ribbon upside down, and it looks more like a noose. It is from this noose that innocent women everywhere hang themselves through ignorance, submitting to a treatment system that intentionally denies women access to a world of information that could help them prevent, treat and even cure breast cancer.
I don't know much about artificial sweeteners, but I would take anything written by Mr. Adams with a bucketload of salt.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. BTB said at the start that it was posted for discussion, which is not the same as 'unqualified acceptance'.
Tannhauser hit the nail on the head.

I post a lot of threads like this, but I never want anyone to think that I post topics because I necessarily believe them to be completely true or valid. I simply like a good discussion that doesn't involve the sentence "what can I do other than squats?"

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
tank
Max Brawn

what a ridiculous comment about the ribbon and the noose, lol. madman.