Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Increasing testoserone levels (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8593)

jack3d 01-13-2012 02:37 PM

Increasing testoserone levels

What foods or supplements should I be taking to increase my testoserone levels?

MC 01-13-2012 02:45 PM

How old are you? I ask only because if you are younger, you likely have high test levels and just need to train hard, rest adequately and eat BIG.

I'm not aware of any foods that can boost it substantially enough to make a difference in training, mood or libido. Rich Knapp says there is a OTC supplement shown to increase them, but he is the expert there, not I.

Aurik 01-13-2012 02:48 PM

If you're younger, then the two biggest suggestions I have are eat lots of calorie- and nutrient-dense foods and SQUAT! Seriously.

rippednmichigan 01-13-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *MC* (Post 207307)
How old are you? I ask only because if you are younger, you likely have high test levels and just need to train hard, rest adequately and eat BIG.

I'm not aware of any foods that can boost it substantially enough to make a difference in training, mood or libido. Rich Knapp says there is a OTC supplement shown to increase them, but he is the expert there, not I.

Agreed, we need to know more about you before we can really suggest any thing.

(But the supplement that Rich and I would suggest to any one over the recommended age limit, and have everything else in check, diet, lifts etc... would be EFX Test Charge ;) )

Off Road 01-13-2012 03:58 PM

Do you feel your test levels are low?

Fazc 01-13-2012 04:03 PM

Don't restrict your fat intake.

jasonjduke 01-14-2012 03:23 PM

I assume you think your testosterone levels are deficient.

If so, than you ain't taking fish oil

#1 supplement for testosterone - cod liver oil. Vitamin D and/or sunshine has been linked in numerous studies to healthy testosterone levels and functioning. You can increase it, but if it ain't functioning, it don't matter a teeny bit. Fish oil makes it function.

Give yourself 4 weeks to 3 months for results depending on you physiology.

Do that and anything else you take will work better. Don't trust me - trust the fish butt.

Rich Knapp 01-14-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 207312)
Agreed, we need to know more about you before we can really suggest any thing.

(But the supplement that Rich and I would suggest to any one over the recommended age limit, and have everything else in check, diet, lifts etc... would be EFX Test Charge ;) )

First would be what age are you? Everything is just a shot in the dark unless we know your age.

Chillen 01-15-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 207298)
What foods or supplements should I be taking to increase my testoserone levels?

IMO, stay away from testosterone supplements. I am just not a fan of them especially when one does not have consistency and discipline within their diet and exercise program, and these alone are causing complication within their goal want.

Instead stay focused on the ultra powerful and tried true formula, and one that you will never have question in whether it will improve your overall health and "total" hormone production: Diet and Exercise.

Trust me the prescriptions the body writes for its self will serve you, and at the same time be your enemy, dependent on how you are manipulating your diet and training program.

You take all the time "necessary" to learn how to manipulate the macros and calories within your diet, until you have a thorough understanding, and this alone will serve far more in the life span of your goal want.

Once you have a thorough understanding on how to manipulate calories/macros, and the basic mechanics of weight training, and have learned how to manipulate yourself to be consistent in the efforts needed to bring about goal-progress, then maybe, look for a so-called testosterone booster. Because, without the aforementioned, the so called booster, will be virtually worthless. Very few really understand the power that lies in manipulating the contents of diet and their training program according to their goal desires. This is the true real power, and not from a OTC product.

A well balanced diet in calories, macros, and micro nutrients, will serve your purposes. Do not be afraid of consuming a moderate amount of cholesterol, and some saturated fats.