Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default PLCAR and ALCAR

I know what Acetyl-L-carnitine is, but just seen Ricka using PLCAR Propionyl-L-Carnitine and am wondering what exactly it is, how effective it is, and where you purchase it?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I know what Acetyl-L-carnitine is, but just seen Ricka using PLCAR Propionyl-L-Carnitine and am wondering what exactly it is, how effective it is, and where you purchase it?
Steve, If you know what ALCAR is, think of it like this: ALCAR for the mind, PLCAR for the body. It's just another form of Carnitine. L-Carninite has horrible(20-30%) bio-availability, so oral supplementation is sort of pointless. But, both AL and PL have BA rates around 80%. PL has an affinity towards the heart and cardiovascular system as a whole. AL is more of nooptropic, taken to help deal with shitty feelings while on cycle or caloric deficit.

Also, taking both seems to really give an super overall boost. I will be trying both with my next order. I get my PLCAR from NP, $25 for 200, 500mg servings. So at around 5g a day, that gives me about 40 days worth. ALCAR is similarily priced..

I can post some links I used, but they do go to another site like this, but with a more anabolic mind..if you get the hint..don't want to advertise another site here..unless you say it's gtg.
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks Ricka. Links are fine.

Appreciate all the info.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Grixx
New Brawn
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Grixx has made some quality postsGrixx has made some quality postsGrixx has made some quality postsGrixx has made some quality postsGrixx has made some quality postsGrixx has made some quality posts

I've been taking ALCAR for about a year now. I find it synergies well with caffeine, and green tea extract. I do take 300mg of CoQ10 as the anti-oxidant though now I'm hearing that it may not be necessary.

I first bought it for a pick-me-up for morning sessions at the gym. I now use it for school. My ability to retain and recall information is greatly increased. I also feel mild euphoria and makes me very eager to learn and ask questions. I'm quite a fan of ALCAR.
Grixx is offline   Reply With Quote