Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #21
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I'm going to bump this thread up a little, and ask for updates from Mab and Beast and anyone else who is combining this kind of eating pattern with heavy lifting. I'm interested in perhaps giving it a shot myself.

Cheers guys.
So far I really like it, I have gain around 5 pounds from when I started this and have kept fat gain to a minimum. For me the best part is the extra energy during a workout from eating over half my days calories at one time right before lifting.

I am also almost never hungry during the day and my body always starts to get really hungry around the time it is suppose to. I didn't really notice an adjustment period either which was really nice. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have time during the day or is a big fan of night time feasting.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Thanks Mab,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have time during the day or is a big fan of night time feasting.
Can I press you for a few details, how are you timing stuff to fit in with your workouts? How precise are you being with macros/calories etc? Anything else.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Thanks Mab,

Can I press you for a few details, how are you timing stuff to fit in with your workouts? How precise are you being with macros/calories etc? Anything else.
With timing I eat around 45mins before my actual workset, and then again about 45 mins after my last workset. I eat the exact same thing everyday so calories are always around 5,300-5,500. I used to track macros but once I started eating in the 4,000 calorie range I stopped, but I have a pretty good idea where everything is.

I eat a very high protein and fat diet, with a moderate carb intake. The only things I really eat that are carbs is a 2 bananas and 2 apples, 2 slices toast, and a cup of oatmeal.

Not sure if I answered everything fully, will be back on in about 1 hour/hour and a half.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Thanks for that, I might ask you for updates every once in a while.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
BRaWNy
Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39

Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: ~20 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Snatch High Pull
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

Well, I don't have any real experience with IF, but I can say it works.
The only related thing I have to say, for me, I've done several times heavy sessions without any meal before from the previous day, and had no problem at all, and I had sometimes done PRs.

So strength wise, I can say there is not any loss if I start my training after a fasting period, as long as I do eat well and big after.

About Fat Loss, I can say any strategy can work for me.
Anyway lately I don't eat like I was before (5-6 meals every 3 hours or so) and I keep mostly of my meals and my big meals during the second part/half of my day, and usually it's also the second part/half of the day when I train.

Anyway, these days I can't experiment with diet things etc, my focus is on other things.
But I will in the future do experiment more on IF and related things.

Back Squat (parallel) - 200kg x 1
Back Squat (below parallel) - 180kg x 2
Deadstop Back Squat (just above parallel) - 190kg x 1
Deadstop Back Squat (parallel) - 165kg x 1
Deadstop Front Squat (parallel) - 140kg x 1
Deadstop Front Squat (just above parallel) - 165kg x 1
Sumo Pull (below knees) - 215kg x 1
Rack Pull (from knees) - 250kg x 2
Rack Snatch High Pull - 140kg x 1
Pin Floor Press - 155kg x 1
Bench Press - 145kg x 1
BTN Push Press - 95kg x 2