Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
I've been looking around I think it is the exact samething, but I think the "correct" is intermittent. Only reason I put intermediate is because I saw someone on a different forum do that.
Yes, I think you're right.

I had just never heard it referred to as 'intermediate' since I've mostly read Martin Berkhan's stuff, but after a quick google search it seems people are using 'intermediate' as well.

I wonder why 'intermediate' though. I can understand 'intermittent' as by definition that is a good way to describe the eating patterns. I can't relate 'intermediate' to this though.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yes, I think you're right.

I had just never heard it referred to as 'intermediate' since I've mostly read Martin Berkhan's stuff, but after a quick google search it seems people are using 'intermediate' as well.

I wonder why 'intermediate' though. I can understand 'intermittent' as by definition that is a good way to describe the eating patterns. I can't relate 'intermediate' to this though.
I don't really know either... maybe because some people choose to do the feeding part in the middle/intermediate part of the day?

I also noticed that on one forum they all call it intermediate and on another forum they all call it intermittent.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Maybe because it's in the "middle" of eating and fasting. You are still getting your full quota of food, but you have long periods of not eating.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
mab54
Max Brawn

mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Maybe because it's in the "middle" of eating and fasting. You are still getting your full quota of food, but you have long periods of not eating.
That sounds a lot better then my explantion.

Also another question, while I was looking at a lot of the sample diets most of the people who eat a little bit during the underfeeding to spare muscles loss only drink protein drinks and BCAAs. This question may sound stupid, but are you only suppose to drink the 300-400 during the fast or is a little solid food ok? or I have also read as long as you don't have carbs during the fast its ok.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #15
Beast
Brawn
Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Red meat
Beast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
How many shakes do you do during the fast? Also with the adjust did you notice any strength loss at first?
I've started off with three 60g pure protein shakes a day, then a large, healthy, protein heavy meal (some times a second helping of whatever the meal was an hour after the first, basically ensuring the eating falls within as small a time window as possible.) I've added in a pre-bed protein shake as I'm aiming for at least 250g of protein a day.

To be honest I've just start eating like this since Monday, so not long enough to assess things. I can say that I've had buckets of energy this week and have been able to work and train hard. I feel good in the gym and have trained quite intensively with no noticeable feelings of tiredness or loss of strength. Also, consuming a limited amount of calories during my day seems to make me feel more alert, once initial hunger subsides.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
mab54
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I've started off with three 60g pure protein shakes a day, then a large, healthy, protein heavy meal (some times a second helping of whatever the meal was an hour after the first, basically ensuring the eating falls within as small a time window as possible.) I've added in a pre-bed protein shake as I'm aiming for at least 250g of protein a day.

To be honest I've just start eating like this since Monday, so not long enough to assess things. I can say that I've had buckets of energy this week and have been able to work and train hard. I feel good in the gym and have trained quite intensively with no noticeable feelings of tiredness or loss of strength. Also, consuming a limited amount of calories during my day seems to make me feel more alert, once initial hunger subsides.
Thanks for input!

I might give it a try, but still not 100% how I'm going to set it up. I'm thinking about only 60grams of protein because thats about 320 calories with the protein I use. After seeing how much you and BtB use though thinking of cutting calories out of my regular diet and add another 1 or 2 servings.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #17
Beast
Brawn
Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Red meat
Beast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributor

I've found a very good e-book on the subject of setting it up. PM me if you want details.

I'm consuming around 300 calories per 'meal' during the day. I might consider lowering this slightly and bulking up the evening meal with a larger pre-bed shake in order to ensure I'm getting the fasted benefits during daytime.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
mab54
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I've found a very good e-book on the subject of setting it up. PM me if you want details.

I'm consuming around 300 calories per 'meal' during the day. I might consider lowering this slightly and bulking up the evening meal with a larger pre-bed shake in order to ensure I'm getting the fasted benefits during daytime.
Will have to check the ebook out.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I'm going to bump this thread up a little, and ask for updates from Mab and Beast and anyone else who is combining this kind of eating pattern with heavy lifting. I'm interested in perhaps giving it a shot myself.

Cheers guys.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #20
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

the only thing i do fasted is cardio when cutting and i drink bcaas while i do my cardio. i like my muscle where it is thanks.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote