Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member
Talking Test/GH Boosting supplements

I have been doing a bit of experimenting with Calcium around a 1000-1500mg/day and have noticed a slight change in my test levels (evident with the random back acne). I know there are other vitamins that have similar effects, such as ZMA and tribulus.

Now my questions:

Has anyone experimented with Calcium in this manner?

Has anyone heard of HGHup? What were your results whilst using it?

These are just random thoughts floating around in my head and I thought I would put them on the board...
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Do squats and deadlifs.....then eat red meat.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn

Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
Do squats and deadlifs.....then eat red meat.
lol...funny...
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

I think most of them are bunk. And I've gone through my fair share of test bosters.. I don't believe too much in any OTC HGH supp. if it were that easy to boost HGH, everyone would be using stuff like that. The only way to truly increase HGH, is to take HGH via injection.

Never heard of calcium as a T-booster either. ZMA and trib don't so shit for boosting test either. Certainly not a measureable amount you will in the gym. I can speak well of Bioforge from Biotivia. Versions 1 & 3 gave me a boost for sure. Whether it be energy or actual free test, I don't know. But I know I hit numbers higher than expected, and just felt better overall while running them. V2 was okay.. V3 is now out of stock as well, lack of raws to make the stuff. Biotivia has no idea when they can supply more.

Or, you could always do squats and deadlifts, then eat dead cow. Putting your body through that kind of a workout will make your entire body feel the good pain, and it will do what it needs to heal and get stronger. So, Titan wasn't lying. Working hard and eating right is the best way to make your body better..
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I am not as quick to discount natural ways to boost, as long as your perspective is realistic. If you are expecting to take a low overall test and boost it to an 18 year old like high level, it won't happen with out synthetic helps. If you are wanting to increase levels by a more realistic increase, you might try vitamin D3 or DAA.

Lee, D, Tajar, A., et al. Association of Hypogonadism with Vitamin D Status: The European Male Ageing Study. European Journal of Endocrinology. January 2012. 166, 75-85.

Effect of vitamin D supplementation on testos... [Horm Metab Res. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

D'Aniello A, Di Fiore MM, et al. Occurrence of D-aspartic acid and N-methyl-D-aspartic acid in rat neuroendocrine tissues and their role in the modulation of luteinizing hormone and growth hormone release. FASEB J, 2000 Apr;14(5):699-714.

Topo E, Soricelli A, et al. The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats. Reprod Biol Endocrinol, 2009 Oct 27;7:120.

Assisi L, Botte V, et al. Enhancement of aromatase activity by D-aspartic acid in the ovary of the lizard Podarcis s. sicula. Reproduction, 2001 M

Charles Poliquin's Blog - Tip 246: Take Vitamin D To Raise Testosterone And Achieve A Better Body Composition

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn

Thanks all, and I am not discrediting Titan! I just thought his post was funny because I am not new to this all. I've been lifting and training long enough to know better. I am just doing an experiment and testing the waters if you will. I am just curious about anything I read...part of my makeup...lol

I don't expect much from OTC stuff anyways, If I want to go full on then I would not asked about this. Right now it's not something I'm considering though, just a passing phase and I wanted to hear anyone else's thoughts. Besides I squat, deadlift and hunt dinosaurs...if you still eating cows, step ya game up...lol
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Besides I squat, deadlift and hunt dinosaurs...if you still eating cows, step ya game up...lol
HAHA!!!!!!

Ok, on a productive note. I have always been told that the deer velvet antler stuff works for boosting HGH levels. No facts, no articles, just what I have been told. Take it for what it is worth.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #8
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
HAHA!!!!!!

Ok, on a productive note. I have always been told that the deer velvet antler stuff works for boosting HGH levels. No facts, no articles, just what I have been told. Take it for what it is worth.
All I can say on deer velvet is quite a few pro athletes were using it, and praising it's performance. Whether or not it actually raised GH levels, no public tests have been released. But anything that really does affect GH, is controlled by the FDA. Chances are, they are testing it and will either let it go as bunk, or restrict it.

Thing is, deer velvet extract has been around for years. Only since the SWAT brand made headlines are people going for it...
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

AAEFX Test Charge had documented tests and proof it raises your levels to you natural max production.

Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I liked Test Charge the one time I used it. May give it a go again.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote