Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
8pack
New Brawn
Points: 181, Level: 3 Points: 181, Level: 3 Points: 181, Level: 3
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

8pack is off to a bad start
Default Did you cut out all the crap foods?

When you started or even later, did you cut out all the crap foods? By this I mean sugary snacks, soda, chips, cookies and things to that nature?
8pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

For the most part, yes. I still binge on certain things occasionally, and have been at it more lately than I should, but its still only 1 meal a week for what I allow myself.

Here's the basic breakdown
Sugar - once a year
Alcohol - once every 3 months
Grains - in theory once a month, but its been once a week lately.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I was never a big soda drinker. When I started I focused on drinking milk during meals.

I never cut out junk completely over the years. When I am not trying to lose fat I'm a 10% guy...I allow 10% of my calories to come from something naughty.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
When you started or even later, did you cut out all the crap foods? By this I mean sugary snacks, soda, chips, cookies and things to that nature?
Nope I restricted it but didn't cut it out; if I had soda, it would only be if we went out to a cafe, which isn't that often, but would never buy any and bring it back to the house.

Chips (crisps in the UK), however, since I had a distinct weakness for them, were never purchased in multipacks which is one of the biggest downfalls in modern society for those with a food-issue, instead they were purchased as a single pack once a month for a treat.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Depends what phase of training I am in, right now I am eating A LOT of junk food, just trying to bulk up for a little while.

I still get plenty of good protein sources, and healthy fats, but the junk food is there just for calories. This is only a temporary thing
Old 01-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Never been a big Crisp (chip in the US) eater. Once I went a few weeks without junk, I found my taste for it disappeared. That is not to say I wouldn't indulge in a piece of pecan pie if it was available. That is the secret to craviings, crave things that are hard to get. Another one? Honey comb ice cream. Can't get it in the US, next time I am in the UK I will pig out on it.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote