Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Creatine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8435)

jack3d 01-01-2012 07:49 PM

Creatine

Which one do you think is better? Creatine serum or the powder? Does one work better than the other?

newbzlift 01-04-2012 07:43 PM

Who can explain to me what creatine is? I have never heard of it before.

BendtheBar 01-04-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 203108)
Which one do you think is better? Creatine serum or the powder? Does one work better than the other?

Creatine monohydrate powder is your best bet. It's time tested and studied to no end.

Off Road 01-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbzlift (Post 204347)

Do a Google search. I'm sure you will find TONS of information. In short, it's a supplement that draws fluid into the muscles and creates a fuller looking muscle and increased leverages.

BigJosh 01-04-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack3d (Post 203108)

Based on my experience and information I've seen from others I would say the powder, hands down. Specifically micronized creapure creatine monohydrate.
Quote:

Originally Posted by newbzlift (Post 204347)

In short creatine is a supplement lifters use that increases the amount of available ATP in your body (specifically your muscles). ATP in turn, is basically a form of fuel or energy that your muscles use for generating force.
That is the quick answer.

BigJosh 01-04-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 204353)
Do a Google search. I'm sure you will find TONS of information. In short, it's a supplement that draws fluid into the muscles and creates a fuller looking muscle and increased leverages.

If you don't mind, could you explain the "increased leverages" idea and how it works?

Off Road 01-04-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 204371)
If you don't mind, could you explain the "increased leverages" idea and how it works?

In my limited knowledge...Increasing mass improves leverages and increased ADP allows the muscle to contact harder.

BigJosh 01-04-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 204376)
In my limited knowledge...Increasing mass improves leverages and increased ADP allows the muscle to contact harder.

Oh ok. A little bloating aside, I've never heard of anyone experiencing or personally experienced enough of a mass gain as a direct result of creatine to have any sort of "improvement in leverages", before now of course.
And could you explain ADP? I'm aware of ATP in relation to creatine, but not ADP.....
And how does this ADP make your muscles "contact harder"? Actually I'm not even sure what contact is. Do you mean contract?

bruteforce 01-04-2012 10:06 PM

ADP, adenosine di-phosphate, its ATP sans one phosphate group and can be used to generate additional energy, though not as much as ATP gives due to chemical bond energy potentials and things I don't want to go look up right now. Not exactly assisting the conversation, but as long as I remember something, I may as well share it.

BigJosh 01-04-2012 10:08 PM

Did not know that. thanks brute.