Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default preworkout help

Guys i love the feeling of a quality pre workout but i have a problem, im very stim tolerant, as a child i had adhd, ive tried so many pre workouts jacked, no xplode,muscle marinade, green magnitude,animal rage powder, k otic, nano vapor, superpump 250, superpump max, many more, The only 2 that i have ever felt is no xplode and jacked! k otic somewhat hit me aswell, is there a certain ingredient profile in these 2 that separates them, i have been hearing i should try 1mr or no shotgun
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Guys i love the feeling of a quality pre workout but i have a problem, im very stim tolerant, as a child i had adhd, ive tried so many pre workouts jacked, no xplode,muscle marinade, green magnitude,animal rage powder, k otic, nano vapor, superpump 250, superpump max, many more, The only 2 that i have ever felt is no xplode and jacked! k otic somewhat hit me aswell, is there a certain ingredient profile in these 2 that separates them, i have been hearing i should try 1mr or no shotgun
Why do you feel you need one? What benefits do you think you will receive? I am not sold on the NEED for them. I admit that occasionally I like the jolt from the extra caffeine and the tingly feeling from the Beta- alanine.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

i dont think there is any benefit at all, its a pump that just goes away, and i do not need one, but my daily duties, consist of work and taking care of a 17 month old lil boy, plus school also, so see by the time i hit the gym im so tired
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Try some good 'ol food before your workout. Even if you feel a little tired, the first few sets should stimulate you enough. Maybe I'm an old fuddy-duddy but I just don't see the need to artificially stimulate myself in order to workout.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

so noone is a stim junkie like me lol? i know someone somewhere uses pre workouts, i have been doing fine without one, its not necessary , like you guys said, but i just want that extra push, i guess i could just get my lady to wear some lingerie while im in the dungeon training lol, just jokin guys
Old 12-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

on a serious note she was out there while i trained tonight, and i felt on top of the world, and she brought up the topic, y dont u drink that red stuff anymore (no xplode)
Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Pit-Bull NS
Brawn
Points: 872, Level: 15 Points: 872, Level: 15 Points: 872, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Pit-Bull NS is off to a good startPit-Bull NS is off to a good startPit-Bull NS is off to a good startPit-Bull NS is off to a good start

just us out we got a name your own price right now on our supplements. pitbullns.com and facebook.com/pitbullns
Pit-Bull NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

im thinkin i may try 1mr
Old 12-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I have to agree with the others, I see no real need for a stim of any sort, though energy is a different thing, as already mentioned, food.

If you're tired, due to the schedule you keep, it may be time to reassess it and work out where changes may be possible (see, I said possible not definite ) and see whether you are getting the best bang for your buck, so to speak, from your current routine and so forth.

There's probably quite a few minor details that you can change in order to give you a small amount of added rest, if not, something has to give, eventually, even if you take stims because the body will catch up with you and you'll crash big time.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #10
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I have to agree with the others, I see no real need for a stim of any sort, though energy is a different thing, as already mentioned, food.

If you're tired, due to the schedule you keep, it may be time to reassess it and work out where changes may be possible (see, I said possible not definite ) and see whether you are getting the best bang for your buck, so to speak, from your current routine and so forth.

There's probably quite a few minor details that you can change in order to give you a small amount of added rest, if not, something has to give, eventually, even if you take stims because the body will catch up with you and you'll crash big time.
great reply, thanks for taking your time to write this, repped +