Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Creatine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8227)

blackjack 12-14-2011 05:54 PM

Creatine

How many on here consume creatine? I am thinking I may be making a change and start on it after the first of the year but I want some feedback first.

BendtheBar 12-14-2011 07:03 PM

Used it on and off for years. My preferred method is 5 grams pre and post-work on training days. On off days I take 5 grams in the morning and 5 in the afternoon.

ricka182 12-14-2011 07:30 PM

Creatine has been proven many times to be beneficial when lifting weights. 5g is the standard reccomended dose for the average sized person. As BTB stated he takes more, as do I, both of us bigger than average. I usually go between 7-10g a day when I am taking it. I only stopped when I was on break from the gym. That changes soon enough..

Anyway, there is no need to load for days prior; and it doesn't matter when you take it, as long as you are consistent on dosing times so your body can make it's own adjustments to utilize the creatine. Also, I highly recco getting a Creapure certified brand. Creapure is a trademarked name for either pure German creatine, or creatine made with the same process, resulting in 99% pure creatine, no fillers or other additives/impurities. I can say Allmax is a good brand, as is ISS. I actually have a tub of both in stock right now. The ISS is almost gone, and the Allmax will replace it, only because it was on sale.

And don't forget to increase your water intake, or you could get some bad cramps. Bloating is also a possibility, but it won't make you fat. Again, your body will adjust over time.

:biglifter::march:

mab54 12-14-2011 07:42 PM

I take about 10g before I workout and notice a difference, I also take 5g on off days.

Off Road 12-14-2011 08:16 PM

I've tried it on a few occasions. I never got too much out of it that I couldn't have gotten by just putting in the time. Plus, I didn't want to take something that I had to KEEP TAKING to gain the effects. Don't need a crutch.

BigJosh 12-14-2011 11:50 PM

I go through phases where I take it.
I have pretty much always used Optimum nutrition Micronized Creapure Monohydrate. It's inexpensive, good quality, and effective. I've tried other stuff, but always come back to this.
I usually take 5 grams Post workout and 5 grams every morning. This works for me. I never load.
I think it has a positive effect on my strength gains. I usually run it for a few months at a time and when I stop, the first few weeks I notice a difference if I am still using the same routine.
Because of this I tend to time my creatine phases with starting and stopping of routines (if that makes sense).

Kuytrider 12-15-2011 03:13 AM

Tried it a few times (maybe 4 months at a time) but probably wasn't training hard or consistent enough to get max effect. Making the best strength gains of my life without it; though this doesn't mean I will not try it again.

markievicz 12-15-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 197982)
Used it on and off for years. My preferred method is 5 grams pre and post-work on training days. On off days I take 5 grams in the morning and 5 in the afternoon.

ill second this.

Jesda 12-16-2011 02:33 PM

I have never used it before. Maybe once I get into it more I will. Is it very expensive?

Off Road 12-16-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesda (Post 198570)
I have never used it before. Maybe once I get into it more I will. Is it very expensive?

It's actually very cheap. So don't get suckerd into buying expensive brands, it's just hype and advertisement.