Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #21
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I formed a committee and will be addressing their hydration position in the year 2044.

Until that time we are remaining cautious and drinking water anyway.
I believe that committee was actually formed to decide who would head the committee that would be in charge of determining whether this matter was important enough to look into further.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #22
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I don't. that's what this is for;

I'm drinking this stuff right now. I even use it in my intra, because the BCAA powder I use doesn't taste at all like the "fruit punch" it says on the label.
Hubby's not keen on plain water either but that stuff would be too sweet for me; he tends to aim for the blackcurrant flavoured drinks/flavourings.

Iced water tastes better, a scientist once mentioned on a tv show that placing water in the fridge does alamost the same thing as a water purifier in terms of taste; something to do with carbons (??) or whatnot and how they react when left to the open air in a fridge.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hubby's not keen on plain water either but that stuff would be too sweet for me; he tends to aim for the blackcurrant flavoured drinks/flavourings.

Iced water tastes better, a scientist once mentioned on a tv show that placing water in the fridge does alamost the same thing as a water purifier in terms of taste; something to do with carbons (??) or whatnot and how they react when left to the open air in a fridge.
Interesting.

You may want to try mio some time. It's not sweet at all, which is saying something considering that the main one I use is Fruit punch which you'd think would be the sweetest one they offer. It really does just make water more drinkable, instead of making into a whole other thing.

No calories too!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #24
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Mio is good. My friend made me try it. To me, its not worth the money, but I believe most people need to drink more water.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #25
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Mio is good. My friend made me try it. To me, its not worth the money, but I believe most people need to drink more water.
That's exactly why I use it. I would have fresh, cold water at my desk and end up drinking one cup a day. With the Mio, all of a sudden I'm drinking at least 3 big cups a day. I feel more hydrated come training time, so it's worth it to me in that respect.

It's true that it ain't cheap.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #26
angie828
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor

Most likely water. Sometimes a protein shake.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #27
jasonjduke
Brawn
Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21 Points: 1,436, Level: 21
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

jasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributorjasonjduke is a consistent contributor

Really good high quality loose leaf green tea. The specialty kind made strong so it is bitter with a big goop-full of raw honey mixed in. I swear my first three sets are always right on target.
jasonjduke is offline   Reply With Quote