Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
tonpaulerc
Brawn
Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15 Points: 845, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

tonpaulerc is off to a good starttonpaulerc is off to a good starttonpaulerc is off to a good start
Default Large amounts of protein

Sometimes when I drink my protein shakes i have to force myself to do it. Yet if I grab a soda I can down that so it is not that I am not thirsty. Is this a way for my body to be telling me I have all the protein I need?
tonpaulerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

No. Most people undereat protein. You should monitor intake to a certain degree.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

When it feels like its telling you no more........ pound another one down!
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

I just finished a whole pizza hut pan pizza with ham and extra sauce... and a half pound of chicken i had left over from a day or so ago...eat moar!!!
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

No more than your body is telling you that you need more soda.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonpaulerc View Post
Sometimes when I drink my protein shakes i have to force myself to do it. Yet if I grab a soda I can down that so it is not that I am not thirsty. Is this a way for my body to be telling me I have all the protein I need?
The way to learn if you are getting enough protein in your diet, is to study dietary needs that are specific to your personal attributes, and use the numeric values and compare them to what you are eating in the day. You do "what it takes" to learn this, and then set up numeric protein targets and make adjustments in your eating habits to hit these figures.

It is not uncommon for some that drink soda, and "lets assume for a moment", you are drinking a non-diet version (which can have 30 to 40 grams of sugar, which is like 15 to 20 2 gram packets of sugar), to crave more when insulin spikes and drops (blood sugar rises and falls).

The body doesn't always know what best for it, though it thinks it does. You have to use your head when looking at feed back from your body, and compare this to what you are doing and not doing, and make wise decisions based on what you learn.

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote