Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Whether some agree or not, the rise and fall of blood sugar (and subsequent release of insulin), has a lot to do with being hungry after a certain time post meal; how fast/slow depends on what type of food/carbohydrates were eaten.

Fibrous foods (insoluble and soluble) swell in the stomach as they take on blood/water in the stomach, and make you feel full, and takes a bit longer to digest as compared to non-fibrous foods. When looking for bread for example, you could pick up double fiber bread, which can sometimes have up to 30 grams per serving (2 slices), and leaving a balance of about 8 or so carbohydrates. Oatmeal and brown rice are good. If you eat simple sugars (which "some" can cause a rapid rise/fall of blood sugar), eat it with other fibrous foods or protein, and this will erode the rapid rise/fall syndrome. I am not all that surprised white noodles causes you to be hungry a few hours after eating them.
See, strangely, that's where I differ; I don't feel hungry early on after eating white bread etc...the only thing that ever leaves me feeling hungry is rice, for some weird reason; yet, potato, keeps me feeling full.