Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How do you feel? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8010)

Jesda 11-24-2011 01:18 PM

How do you feel?

Just wondering how many of you feel different based on what you eat? Like if you eat lots of proteins do you feel different than say if you stuck with an all fruit and veggie diet?
Or do you react differently when you have had a bunch of caffiene or sugar?

Off Road 11-24-2011 01:22 PM

I eat meat, it makes me feel manly...literally.

The combination of high protein, high fat, and high calories has a positive effect on my mood and my size.

BendtheBar 11-24-2011 05:22 PM

When I eat a lot of carbs during the day I feel more sluggish. When I eat a lot of junk at night I wake up with a food hangover. The excess carb intake messes with my blood sugar levels, and I believe it makes it harder for me to recover.

5kgLifter 11-24-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesda (Post 191768)
Just wondering how many of you feel different based on what you eat? Like if you eat lots of proteins do you feel different than say if you stuck with an all fruit and veggie diet?
Or do you react differently when you have had a bunch of caffiene or sugar?

There are days I've had a small amount of caffeine and been on a high all night; then there have been reverse situations where I've drunk over 2 litres of caffeinated drinks and slept like a baby. So, at time, I think it depends on a variety of factors.

Heavy carb meals will always make a person feel sluggish; though heavy meals in general can do that as well since blood is diverted to the stomach to aid in digestion, therefore taking resources away from other areas of the body, the muscles for example.

bruteforce 11-24-2011 09:31 PM

High fat, high protein meals give me a lot of energy, but can leave me feeling very full for hours. If I add in a serving or two of veggies, that usually diminishes the effect. This also changes depending on the time of day. 3 eggs and 3 strips of bacon is a VERY heavy breakfast, but take those eggs and bacon, put them over 3 thick hamburger patties for lunch topped with cheese, and I'm ready for food again in a few hours.

Carbs, especially refined carbs, kill my energy and make me irritable. Caffeine makes me sociable in normal doses. In acute overdoses it lets me make breakthroughs in mathematics and computer science applications, but ruins my ability to speak.

Vegetable oils other than olive oil make me sick to my stomach for hours. I can't do most fried foods at restaurants because of this. Animal fats don't have that effect on me, butter, cream, tallow and bacon fat are used heavily in the food i make at home.

Shadowschmadow 11-25-2011 08:15 AM

When I eat a good portion of carbs, I feel bloated, which I've read is a symptom (for lack of a better word) of poor insulin response.

Jesda 11-27-2011 10:30 AM

For some reason this year, I totally pigged out on desserts. Not a good idea. Had pecan pie, as well as rice pudding and a huge piece of chocolate cake. Was not feeling the best afterwards.

MikeC 11-27-2011 10:35 AM

I feel good unless I eat a lot of chips or sweets later at night, which happens too often. I love munching on pretzels while watching TV but my stomach dislikes me the next day.

Chillen 11-27-2011 11:02 AM

When setting a plan, where carbohydrates are reduced for a time period (leading to glycogen depletion), I tend to become dry physically (and seem thirsty all the time; because as carbs drop, water retention tends to drop), and can feel a bit sluggish/nonenegetic at first.

But usually tweaking fat/protein one way or the other fixes this, along with taking patassium, and some salt. I feel the absolute best one day after the re-feed nearly a uephoric high and a strong sense of well-being, its nearly undescribable.