Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Low Budget For Supplements. Please give me an Advice (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7914)

bulletproof 11-15-2011 08:23 AM

Low Budget For Supplements. Please give me an Advice

Long story short:
I've been bodybuilding for more than 5-6 years, all natty. Recently, I've just started to train for MMA too, but due to the high fees at the current gym, I don't have anymore too much money for the supplements.
So, my point is that... if I have no more than $75-85 for supplements, what should I buy?
I mean... I would like a pre workout shake and maybe some aminoacids.
Any suggestions?

BendtheBar 11-15-2011 09:32 AM

Protein powder, a quality multivitamin and fish oil.

If you have made good progress during these 5 years, you can also consider creatine and/or a good pre-workout formula. A BCAA product like Xtend is also good for recovery.

Again, all these hinge on progress. If you are eating properly and training hard, they are good choices.

markievicz 11-15-2011 09:41 AM

not being smart here , but if you are on a budget , can u buy your meat in bulk from a local butcher and freeze till you need to use it?

buying in bulk should get you a better purchase price per item and that way free up some cash....

Soldier 11-15-2011 09:50 AM

Multi-vitamin, fish oil, and creatine are all great as far as bang for your buck. I don't think protein powder is as important as people make it out to be, IF you are getting plenty of dietary protein.

There are other ways to get what you want cheaply. Bulk powders are great. You can get bulk BCAA powders, then mix them with some sort of flavoring like crystal light or maybe gatorade if you want some carbs to go with it.

Shadowschmadow 11-15-2011 10:31 AM

Eggs, tuna, milk and cheese...

bruteforce 11-15-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markievicz (Post 189160)
not being smart here , but if you are on a budget , can u buy your meat in bulk from a local butcher and freeze till you need to use it?

buying in bulk should get you a better purchase price per item and that way free up some cash....

I do this. Whenever certain cuts of meat drop below a threshold price, I buy 100-150 pounds of it and freeze it. I save $100 on my last purchase of 15% fat ground beef doing this, and got 4 cases of whole chickens for a total of $35.

Disciple X 11-15-2011 03:11 PM

Just food for thought... i quit taking ALL supplements. Period! And continued to make great gains... i recently started taking xtend during workouts and feel it really helps with recovery. Within the last two weeks, i've started taking a multi here and there along with fish oils...

My point is none are really necessary if you eat well, but in order of preference, mine are xtend, green tea (drink it all day), fish oil, and multi vitamin.

I know everybody says multis are a must, but honestly, i notice zero difference... but i fuligure it cant hurt...

Off Road 11-15-2011 03:18 PM

Supplements are not needed at all if your diet is on point.

Shadowschmadow 11-15-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 189302)
Supplements are not needed at all if your diet is on point.

That's my point. Fish oil and multi, sure. The rest, meh...

Chillen 11-15-2011 03:26 PM

KING OF ALL SUPPLEMENTS: Manipulation of Diet (macros, calories) + Manipulation of Exercise + Adjusting/Adapting to the response of Diet (macros, calories) and Exercise + Motivation to be Consistent in its Application.

If you have the above in proper perspective, then:

Whey Protein powder, Fish/Flax oil, Fiber, Multivitamin.