Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Best and Worst Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7861)

BendtheBar 11-09-2011 11:14 AM

Best and Worst Supplements

What are the best and worst supplements you have tried this year?

BendtheBar 11-09-2011 11:20 AM

Worst...easy one for me...

Pea protein powder. On a whim I thought I would keep some around to mix in tomato juice. Unfortunately the addition of pea protein powder turned the juice into a concrete slurry.

It was gritty, thick and disgusting. The grit would also stick to the back of my throat after swallowing.

markievicz 11-09-2011 11:20 AM

the best one for me was,

USN Muscle fuel Anobolic.... not sure if you USA guys can get it....

went from 200lbs up to 225lbs

now i take usn igf-1 and creatine mono ,

for the record i am not a usn rep!!! but will accept any free supplements they wish to throw my way!
:)

big_swede 11-09-2011 11:29 AM

I bought 10kg of weightgainer, it was on sale (1/3 of the price) and when i tasted it i understand why. It was lumpy, thick and tasted like plastic, very sticky (like glue) and it almost made me trew up at the end of each shake. Got down about half of it descpite the above but trew the rest out ;)

Best one is XTEND.

BigJosh 11-09-2011 11:42 AM

Worst:
"MGN (muscle guage nutrition) American Isolate"
Sometimes you get what you pay for, this is one of those times. It was overly sweet, I'm not a sugar person and this was loaded with sugar. And the real reason it is the worst is everytime I used it, it gave me diarrhea.
Lesson learned, stick with reliable brands.

Best:
The best supp I tried this year was Recoup by dymatize. It is dymatizes version of the intra workout BCAA supp. Good stuff. I was pleasantly surprised. I like xtend, but I can honestly say Recoup is just as good if not better.

bamazav 11-09-2011 11:44 AM

Universal Milk and Egg - tasted like medicine... bad medicine. I like the animal/universal products, this one is not good however.

Dymatize Elite 12 - left a metallic taste in mouth, ended up giving 5 lbs away

Best - plain ole water, nothing hydrates better.

Soldier 11-09-2011 11:45 AM

Best-

Gaspari Superpump max. Tastes amazing, hits smooth but hard and keeps me going through the whole session.

Xtend- This tastes so good that I used it on off days just to sip on.

MGN whey isolate, Cake batter flavor- Tastes AMAZING, and works with anything you want to add it to. I have the peanut butter flavor now, which tastes REALLY FREAKING GOOD, but doesn't work with everything like cake batter.

I'd hate to say any were the worst, but I'll list the negatives I've had with supps;

Animal Rage slaughtermelon- Doesn't hit as hard as Superpump or jack3d, and what the heck is a preworkout for if I don't feel it? Also tastes pretty crappy. I have to force it down, which is the opposite of Superpump. Not a bad supp and I'll finish the tub, but I'll stick to jack3d and superpump after this.

Dymatize Z-force- This is supposed to help you sleep. The first night I took it my heart raced for over an hour and I couldn't sleep until after midnight (I go to sleep before 11). I know this may just mean that I don't personally respond well to it, but it's still definitely a negative.

MC 11-09-2011 11:57 AM

I don't take supps except for protein and I don't switch unless it is unavoidable.

Worst:

Bodytech Casein Protein Powder.

It didn't mix well no matter how much water of milk I used. It became gritty sludge and was disgusting. I purchased it only because it was on sale and I thought I'd try it. I was lucky that the store took it back, after I tried to use it for two days.

bruteforce 11-09-2011 02:49 PM

Best: NO XHaust - Favorite preworkout I've tried yet. High energy, no jitters, no crash

Worst: Hemo Rage Black Ultra Concentrate - Another Pre-workout, but failed my pretty badly. No energy boost, no concentration, nasty crash.

BendtheBar 11-09-2011 02:53 PM

Best...

Muscle Marinade and NOXhaust.