Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn
Points: 1,821, Level: 25 Points: 1,821, Level: 25 Points: 1,821, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1.5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: bench/c&p tossup
Fav Supp: what doesn't bite back?
BackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good posts
Default thinking about going for it

im searching supps thinking about going for it... but, the only thing i've ever known is whey and creatine... any good pointers on what to look for? there is so much stuff out there, its a little confusing. college student that doesn't have much money to waste. looking for pointers to locate supps that work and ain't gonna cost me a kidney.
I no longer fear for myself. Now, I fear for you. The pain has tempered my body and my spirit and has steeled my resolve. I WILL succeed. I WILL win. However long it takes. Simply put, MY will is the stonger.
BackwoodsCerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think a cost effective addition is a good multivitamin, fish oil, and perhaps a pre-workout for days when your motivation is lacking and you need a good kick in the back end.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think a cost effective addition is a good multivitamin, fish oil, and perhaps a pre-workout for days when your motivation is lacking and you need a good kick in the back end.
These are EXACTLY what I use along with protein and creatine. The best part is that you don't need to make a huge investment for these items. Most multi's are relatively cheap except for the Animal pak, fish oil is available by the boat-load (no pun intended) because it's so popular (with good reason), and there are always a couple pre-workouts on sale because every company makes one. Jack3d is almost always on sale somewhere and I've found it to be laudable.

I also use BCAA's, and have had great results with them. I'm currently drinking BCAA's while I workout by using Xtend. I even drink it on rest days with one of my meals. I'm currently training 4 days in a row every week, and I don't think I'd be able to get the most out of it without BCAA's.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn

BackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good postsBackwoodsCerealKiller has made some good posts

always used coffee and some good pissed off fighting music for that kick in gear. I have anger management issues, so it works. get good and torqued off, go lift, seems like a little adrenaline flow is there. i always feel so much better after my therapy session. i can even halfass tolerate idiots after the gym!

but on the serious... i take a multivit and never even considered it a supp, cause i've taken them since i was 16ish, but i only take 1-2/week. fish oil is a definite possibility, aminos right? i try to avoid effedra and excessive caffeine because it makes my tourette's more pronounced and harder to control. i work out at a YMCA, "I have tourette's" only gets you so much slack. especially when you're cussing out a heavy bar on the last rep
I no longer fear for myself. Now, I fear for you. The pain has tempered my body and my spirit and has steeled my resolve. I WILL succeed. I WILL win. However long it takes. Simply put, MY will is the stonger.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I should have mentioned that a product like Xtend or Body Mortar is a good choice. If you aren't using a pre-workout your next best option is to put money into a recovery supplement like one of these two.

AMS supports this forum so I give Body Mortar the official thumbs up.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
BackwoodsCerealKiller
becoming masochistic...
Brawn

cool, thx. have to check that out.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Solgar VM 75 is a great multi-vitamin. Not full of junk and it's relatively inexpensive. Around here a bottle of 180 vitamins (a 6 month supply) is $36.