Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn
Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42 Points: 4,413, Level: 42
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Lard
ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine
Default Hot after eating

The past couple of weeks now I notice that I get super hot after I eat, almost like I would imagine hot flashes would feel. I don't sweat or anything, it's just like a fire got stoked in my veins. I'm not, by nature, a warm person. I'm the gal you see in the middle of summer wearing a long sleeved shirt so I don't catch a chill.

Also, and I don't know if it's related, but it seems like I am eating ALL THE TIME. I mean I am used to eating every few hours, 5-6 meals a day like a good girl, etc. but I lately I will eat a meal until I'm chock full, can't eat anymore, and as little as an hour later I am so hungry that I would knock over my own grandmother just to get to more food.

What gives? I'm assuming this is a good thing, but it doesn't seem like a good thing when you're trying to slim down, not bulk. I feel like if I even tried to eat less, I would turn into a raging madwoman.

Since I know you'll ask, the only thing I've changed in my workouts (besides actually working out consistently now that I've gotten over a small illness) is that I've been focusing more on compound lifts and less on working smaller muscle groups, e.g. not so much focusing a lot of effort working tris/bis/shoulders individually, replacing that with more squats, deads, pulls, etc.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

ElementalVirago is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I get this quite frequently on Paleo, especially after I'm off or a bad boy and get back on.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Well, compound lifts are really a lot more taxing on your whole system, so it makes sense that you're more hungry. The heat though. . .I have no earthly idea.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #4
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

If you were on a low carb and now eat more, you will notice this heat due to with all the more food the metab it running on high to digest it. Once you system gets used to the extra again, it will go away.

I go threw this after every show returning to bulk.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Or, it could be perimenopause

But, I hope not (still got the joys to look forward to)
Old 10-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

My vote is that it's tied to insulin. Just a hunch.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

ElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machineElementalVirago is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Or, it could be perimenopause
Actually thought of that. It's definitely a possibility. I'm not ruling it out one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
If you were on a low carb and now eat more, you will notice this heat due to with all the more food the metab it running on high to digest it. Once you system gets used to the extra again, it will go away.

I go threw this after every show returning to bulk.
I wasn't on a low-carb. I've been trying to follow a more Paleo-esque diet, but haven't been consistent with it. So to BtB's point, I DO experience more of this hunger shortly after a Paleo meal. I'm hoping my body is just burning it up fast because it's good, clean food.

"If someone tells you something is easy and they can't explain how to do it, it's not easy." --Steve Shaw

Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
ElementalVirago
Resident Poop Doctor
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My vote is that it's tied to insulin. Just a hunch.
Is that a good thing?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalVirago View Post
Is that a good thing?
It's generally not a bad thing.

If it's from a low carb approach...when you aren't constantly riding the insulin roller coaster you allow the body to pull out some of the stored energy from fat cells, and your body tends to flush out some of that extra water in the blood stream. Multiple mechanisms at work here, probably allowing the body to run a little more efficiently.

On the other hand, it could be FROM carb intake. Some folks are "fast oxidizers" and tend to get hot when they eat carbs,

Metabolic Typing: Slow-Oxidizers, Fast-Oxidizers

Old 10-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #10
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

You been thinkin about me

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote