|09-28-2011, 04:35 PM||#1|
The Beardo Weirdo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Recipe taken from:
Mennonite Recipes from the Shenandoah Valley. Phyllis Pellman Good and Kate Good. Good Books, Intercourse, PA. 1999.
This is the best recipe I have found for banana bread. Great use for those nasty black bananas you neglected to eat.
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 whole eggs
1.5 cups bananas, mashed (best to let them over-ripen so they’re soft)
1/3 cup water
1 2/3 cups AP flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking powder
½ cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
1. Cream together sugar and butter. Mix in eggs until well blended.
2. Add bananas and water. Mix briefly.
3. Combine all dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
4. Fold in nuts.
5. Pour into loaf pan, greased only on the bottom.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until tester comes out clean.
7. Cool on a rack, de-pan and let cool further before slicing.
"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)
Sergey Krastio Trelawny
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wheat/bread...||5kgLifter||General Board||2||08-20-2012 07:29 PM|
|protein in bread||leefarley||Nutrition, Diet and Supplements||4||08-07-2012 03:33 AM|
|toasting bread||Trent||Nutrition, Diet and Supplements||2||02-05-2012 02:14 PM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|