Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Adding in supps (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7318)

kitarpyar 09-14-2011 11:26 AM

Adding in supps

I am considering adding a couple of supplements to my diet. Currently, the only supp I use is a couple of scoops of whey protein to get in some calories while at desk (in addition to nuts, lol).

But I am planning to add in a multi and some Omega 3. Suggestions regarding the brands out there? Or the brand doesnt matter much for these?

BendtheBar 09-14-2011 11:33 AM

From what I've read a lot of the commercial multis are really poor quality. There's actually a decent on on sale today:

Muscle & Strength Deal Of The Day: Save Up To 80% On Supplements!

I personally use Betancourt. I've talked to their formulator and trust the quality. But I'm sure there are plenty other brands on the same level.

Betancourt Fulldose MNT - Anabolism And Performance!

For Omegas I go with Scivation FA. They sold me with their sale's pitch. I don't know about the quality of chain store omegas, but I have taken them from time to time.

Scivation Essential FA - Complete Essential Fatty Acid Formula! On Sale!

rippednmichigan 09-14-2011 11:51 AM

Anabolic addiction mfv and orange triad are some solid ones. AAEFX makes one as well but I have yet to try them, maybe Rich can chime in.

Sent from my Epic 4G with Tapatalk

kitarpyar 09-14-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 170804)
Anabolic addiction mfv and orange triad are some solid ones. AAEFX makes one as well but I have yet to try them, maybe Rich can chime in.

Sent from my Epic 4G with Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 170799)
From what I've read a lot of the commercial multis are really poor quality. There's actually a decent on on sale today:

Muscle & Strength Deal Of The Day: Save Up To 80% On Supplements!

I personally use Betancourt. I've talked to their formulator and trust the quality. But I'm sure there are plenty other brands on the same level.

Betancourt Fulldose MNT - Anabolism And Performance!

For Omegas I go with Scivation FA. They sold me with their sale's pitch. I don't know about the quality of chain store omegas, but I have taken them from time to time.

Scivation Essential FA - Complete Essential Fatty Acid Formula! On Sale!

thanks guys. Will look into these.

MC 09-14-2011 12:24 PM

For a multi, I am a huge fan of the Solgar VM 75. Not expensive, no fillers, and full of goodness. My doctor was pretty impressed when I gave him the label.

Off Road 09-14-2011 01:35 PM

Lots of opinions on multi-vitamins. My personal feelings are, if you have a decent diet then your typical store bought multi will do the trick. Most people are probably pissing out most of their vitamins anyways.