Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What's the deal with Biotest? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6906)

jwood 07-27-2011 10:47 AM

What's the deal with Biotest?
 
I just wanted to see if anyone knows why biotest supplements are so special?

Everything they have is crazy expensive and i do not see anything special about them. Has anyone ever used any of their stuff before?

I ask this because I like t-nation, I think they have a lot of good writers and good articles on there. But it really turns me off that they are basically an advertisement for Biotest and the prices on this stuff is crazy. When reading about their stuff, it sounds amazing, but not for the price. Why is their stuff so much more than every one elses?

I am also a huge fan of Christian Thibideau, and he writes for them. Mostly why I visit the site and he is a proponent of biotest supps. How can anyone afford them? Why would they be worth it?

My little rant for the day

LtL 07-27-2011 10:55 AM

Can't really get it in the UK but wouldn't touch it with a barge pole anyways. The prices for their stuff are utterly ridiculous.

LtL

BendtheBar 07-27-2011 10:59 AM

It's hard enough making a profit in the supplement industry when you feature many lines. On certain products, because of competition, there is very minimal (re: virtually no) margin. Add in the fact that they pay most of their authors, and....

I have personally spent time with a Biotest sponsored athlete, who I would call a good acquaintance. He believes in the quality of Biotest, and the science behind some of their products.

I personally can't afford to try them. I also don't care for fact that you have to blend in your own flavoring to several of the products, using their mini-flavoring bottles.

jwood 07-27-2011 11:13 AM

I agree btb, I do not see why the product can not be flavored already. The one product that really intrigues me is Surge Workout Fuel, it is 50 bucks a container and to me looks like it is just a bunch of carbs.

I can buy 10 pounds of sugar for like 10 bucks. What is the difference, it is mind boggling to me.

BendtheBar 07-27-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 156446)

I can buy 10 pounds of sugar for like 10 bucks. What is the difference, it is mind boggling to me.

Ditto.

jwood 07-27-2011 11:20 AM

I wish I knew someone that took them and was not sponsored by them, but as far as I can see no one can afford them.

BendtheBar 07-27-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 156448)
I wish I knew someone that took them and was not sponsored by them, but as far as I can see no one can afford them.

Well that's the thing. The guy I know gets his for free.

To be frank, they kind of lost me with that diet they put out that involved a lot of shakes. I can't remember the details...

jwood 07-27-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 156449)
Well that's the thing. The guy I know gets his for free.

To be frank, they kind of lost me with that diet they put out that involved a lot of shakes. I can't remember the details...

I slightly remember that diet too, it was like an entire month of nothing but supplements. I read all about it before and thought it was totally ridiculous. haha, I can not even imagine why you would do that to yourself.

BendtheBar 07-27-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 156503)
I slightly remember that diet too, it was like an entire month of nothing but supplements. I read all about it before and thought it was totally ridiculous. haha, I can not even imagine why you would do that to yourself.

It's all coming back to me now.

I think I did a rant on that once.

Wlfdg 07-27-2011 02:20 PM

The Velocity Diet! That seemed to be writer Chris Shugart's baby?

Looked like just another liquid diet to me. Slim Fast is probably cheaper?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.