Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfdg View Post
The Velocity Diet! That seemed to be writer Chris Shugart's baby?

Looked like just another liquid diet to me. Slim Fast is probably cheaper?
That was in Dan John's book as well. I love Dan, and I'm sure it works...if you can afford it.

I've performed liquid fasts before where I drank nothing but milk, whey, orange and tomato juice and lost a lot of weight quickly.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #12
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

The new supplement they have out now is 480 bucks for a 6 week supply.

To eb fair to them, they are running a bunch of test groups, but it is ridiculously expensive.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

Last edited by HumanHorrorFilm; 07-27-2011 at 03:46 PM.
HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
The new supplement they have out now is 480 bucks for a 6 week supply.
I think my wife would go for that...

Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Yea thats only like 80 bucks a week, what a bargain.

I do not doubt that their stuff is good and I would be willing to bet that they use very pure ingredients. But they are still just supplements, and I do not know anyone that can pay that much for supplements.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Yea thats only like 80 bucks a week, what a bargain.

I do not doubt that their stuff is good and I would be willing to bet that they use very pure ingredients. But they are still just supplements, and I do not know anyone that can pay that much for supplements.
Truth be told, if I had that kind of money I probably wouldn't even spend it on AAS.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #16
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Truth be told, if I had that kind of money I probably wouldn't even spend it on AAS.
That is a very good point btb
Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #17
MAiNeIAC
New Brawn
Points: 283, Level: 5 Points: 283, Level: 5 Points: 283, Level: 5
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good postsMAiNeIAC has made some good posts

good thread....

I myself have never tried their stuff. alot of it is pricey.... sum looks good, but I'll probly never try...
MAiNeIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #18
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Their new magic pill for $500ish sounds a lot like metformin to me. Metformin is pretty magical for letting the body deal with carbs, but I'm not spending 5 bills to find out how close theirs comes.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:34 AM   #19
M Honeycutt
M Honeycutt
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,942, Level: 26 Points: 1,942, Level: 26 Points: 1,942, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: ???
M Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good postsM Honeycutt has made some good posts

If your going to take over the counter supps i would stick to protein, argine based products and creatine and a good prohormone. All the OTC stuff is just as expensive as the real stuff!!

SPONSORED BY
SERVPRO® of Carteret & East Onslow Counties
M Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote