Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Wanted to post this because it is a good example of the noise in this industry. Coffee is good, coffee is bad, coffee is good, coffee is bad. All by the same Flex mag author.
As a grad student, I went from 135 lbs (13-14%BF) to 195 lbs (18-19%BF) by working out, with diet only under moderate control (guidelines - enough protein, and not stay hungry too long).

During this time, I slept 5-6 hrs a day. Coffee was my best bud. 8 mugs a day was norm. Bad days in the lab would involve 11-12. A quick calculation showed I must have consumed over 10,500 cups of coffee during my grad studies.

I was and am still alive. I worked out until a year back fairly regularly, I put on size and my lifts went up. Coffee didnt kill me for sure, lol All I can say is good or bad, it doesnt kill you
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #12
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
I didn't know they were good again? I thought we still had this fear that egg yolks are worse than a bag or Doritos...
OMG, I am on killer coffee, dosed over 10,500 mugs. I managed to live. Now you say my 6-egg omelets will lead me to my grave?

kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
As a grad student, I went from 135 lbs (13-14%BF) to 195 lbs (18-19%BF) by working out, with diet only under moderate control (guidelines - enough protein, and not stay hungry too long).

During this time, I slept 5-6 hrs a day. Coffee was my best bud. 8 mugs a day was norm. Bad days in the lab would involve 11-12. A quick calculation showed I must have consumed over 10,500 cups of coffee during my grad studies.

I was and am still alive. I worked out until a year back fairly regularly, I put on size and my lifts went up. Coffee didnt kill me for sure, lol All I can say is good or bad, it doesnt kill you
I too am in the coffee club.

My daily meals and pre-workout nutrition are simply coffee and whey. Has been for the last 2 years. I rarely eat solid food before lifting at 3pm.

My daily ritual involves a pot of coffee.

If there is some catabolic impact, it doesn't appear to stunt the progress of anyone training and eating properly.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Now you say my 6-egg omelets will lead me to my grave?

Don't worry, next week it will be ok to eat eggs again...

Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #15
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

When was it ever okay to eat eggs? I tell people I eat 3-4 jumbo eggs a day and they look at me like I'm already dead.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Eating fat makes you fat. Eating cholesterol gives you high cholesterol. Don't forget that.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #17
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Well bust my buttons...
Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Eating squid turns you into a squid. Eating dragons turn you into a dragon...

Shall I continue?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #19
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Smoking makes you sexier.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #20
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Quote:
Eating squid turns you into a squid. Eating dragons turn you into a dragon...

Shall I continue?
So if I eat a dragon, I'll be come a dragon....? Hmm that could be sweet...