Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   help with diet (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6578)

bezzer 06-18-2011 03:52 PM

help with diet

hi would there please be some one out there that could help me please with a good diet.i.ve got a good routine now so just need a big help on this .i will be very gratful if i got the help.

big_swede 06-18-2011 03:56 PM

Okay, here goes.

Mon-Fri you eat all you can and focus on protein. Eat 3-5 big wholefood meals aday and snacks in between.

Sat/Sun you eat more than on mon-fri.

Grow big buddy!

Carl1174 06-18-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzer (Post 146248)
hi would there please be some one out there that could help me please with a good diet.i.ve got a good routine now so just need a big help on this .i will be very gratful if i got the help.

there is loads of good info in the nutrition section mate. If you have a read through it and perhaps come up with an idea of what YOU think will suit your goals then we could have a look and perhaps tweak it or steer you in the right direction and help out with any specific details.

Just asking for a 'diet' doesnt tell us much mate.

Are you looking to lose weight, gain muscle, lose just fat, get huge and strong, what type of routine are you using, what body type are you, they will all have a relevance on diet

if you have some ideas or have tried something in already then let us know the results and that may help too

Carl

Carl1174 06-18-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 146249)
Okay, here goes.

Mon-Fri you eat all you can and focus on protein. Eat 3-5 big wholefood meals aday and snacks in between.

Sat/Sun you eat more than on mon-fri.

Grow big buddy!

nice :)

Carl.

dmaipa 06-18-2011 04:03 PM

Look at the nutrition section. Just asking for a diet won't help you out much because everyone is different on diets. Better to read up on nutrition and try certain things. It all depends on your metabolism, how much body fat you have, how old you are, how much energy you are expending through your workouts, how does your body react to certain foods. For example there are some that can lose weight while still taking in high carbs while others have a hard time taking in that much carbs and not storing it. I know this isn't what you want to hear but in all honesty don't be lazy and read about nutrition. You have to put in some effort.

bezzer 06-18-2011 04:10 PM

diet

oh sori me just all new to this.right what im trying to do is get a good size and gain more strengh.what do you mean by body type? i know i have one big problem tho i can not have owt dairy ie milk etc i have to have soya.

my day consists of up at 6 am to go to work at work my first break is at 10 then dinner at 12.30 then finish at 3.30.

i do eat chicken and that but im one of these people that do need help sori.

BendtheBar 06-18-2011 04:43 PM

Hi bezzer, and welcome to the forum.

Here is my general advice.

Food contains 3 primary energy providing macronutrients:

1. Protein. Protein contains 4 calories of energy per gram.
2. Fat. Fat contains 9 calories of energy per gram.
3. Carbohydrates. Carbohydrates contain 4 calories of energy per gram.

Protein. Your daily muscle building diet should consist of approximately 200 grams of protein. This works out to 800 daily calories from protein.

Fat. Fat should comprise about 30% of your daily calories. If you are eating 3000 calories per day, 30% of this would work out to equal 900 daily calories from fat, or 100 grams of fat.

Carbohydrates. After you have figured out your daily fat and protein intake, the rest of your daily calories should come from carbohydrate food sources.

The following are sample muscle building diets based upon different daily calorie requirements. All numbers are rounded up.

* 2000 Daily Calories. 200 grams of protein, 67 grams of fat, 150 grams of carbohydrates.
* 2500 Daily Calories. 200 grams of protein, 84 grams of fat, 238 grams of carbohydrates.
* 3000 Daily Calories. 200 grams of protein, 100 grams of fat, 150 grams of carbohydrates.
* 3500 Daily Calories. 200 grams of protein, 117 grams of fat, 413 grams of carbohydrates.

If you have a hard time eating enough, check out this thread:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/dun...ding-diet.html

When you say you can't have milk, is this from lactose intolerance? Because if it is, there are many dairy products that are high fat that do not contain the milk sugar lactose (such as cheese and butter).

If it is not a lactose issue, you can add things such as almonds, and cook veggies and meats with olive oil.

BendtheBar 06-18-2011 04:45 PM

As far as meal timing, eat instinctively. You are generally "starving" after a workout, so eat big after a workout. If you are hungry in the morning, eat bigger in the morning.

Eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, and consume at least 30 grams of protein during each of these feedings. Try to eat a few servings of fruits and veggies each day, and choose quality carb sources such as oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice, etc.

IarnSmith 07-06-2011 05:23 AM

Well bezzer i suggest you to to vege diet. It is best diet. Fruits are best diet food and you should eat fruits regularly. Try to avoid oily food which contain protein and eat fruits and vegetables only. Tell me which kind of food do you like to eat. Reply me then i will share you some ideas.

Abaddon 07-06-2011 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IarnSmith (Post 150328)
Well bezzer i suggest you to to vege diet. It is best diet. Fruits are best diet food and you should eat fruits regularly. Try to avoid oily food which contain protein and eat fruits and vegetables only. Tell me which kind of food do you like to eat. Reply me then i will share you some ideas.

Sorry, but this sounds like nonsense to me. Can you please explain what you mean here?

I have read another post from you, where you ask for help and claim that you know nothing about bodybuilding. SO why are you here giving (very very bad) advice?