Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What kind? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6544)

jhall27 06-14-2011 01:20 PM

What kind?

I'v been using cretin and jack-d and they to me seem like they really help. I take my multi and fish I tried the protein and I can't say that I'v noticed a difference. I am changing my diet like suggested but am I missing something do i need more or another kind.

Rich Knapp 06-14-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhall27 (Post 144792)
I'v been using cretin and jack-d and they to me seem like they really help. I take my multi and fish I tried the protein and I can't say that I'v noticed a difference. I am changing my diet like suggested but am I missing something do i need more or another kind.

How long you been liting? OK seen the 2 year. What makes you think your missing something?

Mr.Silverback 06-14-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Typically these take time to work themselves into your system( 3-4weeks sometimes) the benefit of protein is that this helps you to rebuild and grow. Remember the bit about a high performance car? Well this is your 110-octane per se.

Multi Vitamins fill in the gaps to where you are lacking in certain nutrients, plus they help regulate your vital organs whilst you take other supplements.

Fish Oil...in short is a pretty neat supplement and there is no way you can eat that much fish EVERYDAY...lol Good for hair, skin, joints, heart and so on. Its a miracle supplement if you will. :)

These supplements play a role behind the scene, whilst others are more "on stage" (pre workout supps)

Hope that clears up the air a bit

jhall27 06-15-2011 04:20 AM

let me get back to on this. i like it just running out of steam.

Carl1174 06-15-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Honestly if I were you mate, i would probably drop the creatine and jacked for a while and just run with the fish oil and mulit and use the protein PWO.

Thing is when we are changing our diet, supps, training and we do it all at once, how do we know which change has been effective and which hasnt. There are too many variables.

If you strip it all back to basics and then add things in gradually you will be able to see immediately what is working and what isnt.

hope this helps

Carl.

jhall27 06-18-2011 01:14 AM

Thanks Carl that sounds like a plan

dmaipa 06-18-2011 01:19 AM

yea i would listen to carl..especially with pre-workout supps. your body gets used to them sometimes, it's good to cycle them.

Carl1174 06-18-2011 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhall27 (Post 146075)
Thanks Carl that sounds like a plan

No problem :)

Carl.

rippednmichigan 06-18-2011 05:24 AM

A lot of great advice already. Remember that supplements are just that, SUPPLEMENTS. They are there to supplement something we are getting or to add. At times they are needed and some that should be staples in your regimen. But as stated already you need to rotate or cycle off of most supplements.