Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My supplement thoughts (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646)

jwood 09-06-2009 08:21 PM

My supplement thoughts

I have been doing an experiment lately where I have been completely off of creatine and any NO product. I was taking both of these products for a while and thought it would be good to cycle off of both of them. I am currently only taking stimulant x and protein. I am still having great workouts and hit PRs all the time but I just feel like something is missing.

I feel like it is taking me longer to recover and my body just does not feel as good as it used to. Right now I am contemplating taking the cheap creatine and super nos pump from wal-mart and continuing my use of stimulant x. I like this product and it gives me great workouts. I just feel like something is missing. Does this seem legitimate or is it just in my head. I can not tell, but I am also on a limited budget being at college. So I am just not sure right now.

I have also dropped close to 5 pounds since coming to school but I think that is because I eat much healthier at school than I do at home. Just looking for some insight here to see if I am crazy or not. And looking for some guidance from the wise ones within the community, thanks guys.

BendtheBar 09-06-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 4493)
I have been doing an experiment lately where I have been completely off of creatine and any NO product. I was taking both of these products for a while and thought it would be good to cycle off of both of them. I am currently only taking stimulant x and protein. I am still having great workouts and hit PRs all the time but I just feel like something is missing.

I feel like it is taking me longer to recover and my body just does not feel as good as it used to. Right now I am contemplating taking the cheap creatine and super nos pump from wal-mart and continuing my use of stimulant x. I like this product and it gives me great workouts. I just feel like something is missing. Does this seem legitimate or is it just in my head. I can not tell, but I am also on a limited budget being at college. So I am just not sure right now.

I have also dropped close to 5 pounds since coming to school but I think that is because I eat much healthier at school than I do at home. Just looking for some insight here to see if I am crazy or not. And looking for some guidance from the wise ones within the community, thanks guys.

I like creatine. It always makes me stronger. But, I get insane pumps. I would use creatine, and maybe switch to some form of caffeine pre-workout - since your budget is limited.

Wal-mart's Body Fortress protein powder has creatine it in. You can get your favorite flavor, add in a scoop of instant coffee, and you have a cheap pre-workout drink.

Or try NOW's creatine mono. It's only $17 for 2.2 of creatine mono.

I've tried Wal-marts NOS Pump and got zip from it. But, as we know, NO products work different for each of us.

So even with the Stimulant X you feel like you are losing your edge a bit? That's really too bad.

I would get back on creatine first and foremost, and see what happens.

jwood 09-06-2009 09:06 PM

I do not feel like I am losing my edge but I miss the pumps. And I feel like it is taking my body a lot longer to recover, yet I am doing less volume than before. I am definitely going to get back on creatine possibly tomorrow.

Another nice thing is that my mom gives me money for food so any supplement bought at wal-mart will go on her tab for the most part. Which is why I was thinking of buying their NO product. I have had good success with NO products in the past but I will have to think this one over.

First and foremost I will go back on creatine. Do you suggest doing a load phase or just 5 grams a day?

BendtheBar 09-06-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 4496)
I do not feel like I am losing my edge but I miss the pumps. And I feel like it is taking my body a lot longer to recover, yet I am doing less volume than before. I am definitely going to get back on creatine possibly tomorrow.

Another nice thing is that my mom gives me money for food so any supplement bought at wal-mart will go on her tab for the most part. Which is why I was thinking of buying their NO product. I have had good success with NO products in the past but I will have to think this one over.

First and foremost I will go back on creatine. Do you suggest doing a load phase or just 5 grams a day?

I know some people say you don't have to load, but I seem to get good results when I keep my intake above 20 grams the first week, and 10 plus after. For me, keeping the level slightly higher seems to work good for strength.

I might be a fluke though. But I never seem to get the same benefits from 5 grams a day.

And if your mother is footing the bill, have at the NOS Pump :)

jwood 09-06-2009 10:02 PM

As long as I can get my mom to keep paying for it I will get try the nos pump.

I am going to load the creatine, and I may use a slightly higher dose than I have in the past. With 5 grams I have never felt too much from creatine, but maybe if I go with somewhere between 5 and 10 grams it will work better.

I will keep you posted on the supplement purchases. thanks for your help

BendtheBar 09-07-2009 07:43 AM

NP and good luck.

So you've never had pumps from hell with creatine? I would definitely bump it up a bit.

bwys61 09-07-2009 12:31 PM

The stronger that you get, the longer it will take you to recover. Creatine is a must in any training program. I feel that it should always be ready for the body when it needs it.

BendtheBar 09-07-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 4507)
The stronger that you get, the longer it will take you to recover. Creatine is a must in any training program. I feel that it should always be ready for the body when it needs it.

Along these lines, i was going to ask you if maybe you had a bit of CNS burnout...

jwood 09-07-2009 02:36 PM

I dont think I have any CNS burnout, I am still very motivated and excited to go to the gym I just feel like it has been taking me longer to recover. Tomorrow I am going to get some creatine and maybe the super nos pump.

bwys61 09-09-2009 10:25 AM

i haven't felt any burnout since I started conjugate lifting. sore as hell, but not CNS burnout