Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
At 1 scoop there's 69 servings with 26 gm's protein, but if you double up your shakes like I do it'll last you a good month.
Thatsa lot 'o servings. Nice! That would last me 2+ months. I know what I'm trying next time around.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #32
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Thatsa lot 'o servings. Nice! That would last me 2+ months. I know what I'm trying next time around.
Cool, give us a little review would ya.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:46 AM   #33
titanxvx
New Brawn

titanxvx is off to a bad start
Default Did any suggestions help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I have been doing an experiment lately where I have been completely off of creatine and any NO product. I was taking both of these products for a while and thought it would be good to cycle off of both of them. I am currently only taking stimulant x and protein. I am still having great workouts and hit PRs all the time but I just feel like something is missing.

I feel like it is taking me longer to recover and my body just does not feel as good as it used to. Right now I am contemplating taking the cheap creatine and super nos pump from wal-mart and continuing my use of stimulant x. I like this product and it gives me great workouts. I just feel like something is missing. Does this seem legitimate or is it just in my head. I can not tell, but I am also on a limited budget being at college. So I am just not sure right now.

I have also dropped close to 5 pounds since coming to school but I think that is because I eat much healthier at school than I do at home. Just looking for some insight here to see if I am crazy or not. And looking for some guidance from the wise ones within the community, thanks guys.

So jwood. It's been a couple months since you started this thread. Did any suggestions help? Were you able to recapture your mojo?
titanxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #34
moore_716
Banned
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17 Points: 1,016, Level: 17
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

moore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammermoore_716 is either a troll or a spammer

I jsut caught this so I'm gonna jump in here too.

Protein-the walmart stuff is actually pretty damn good. Either the body fortress or the 6 star stuff. I like the chocolate milk shake the best. IMO it is the best TASTING protein i have tried.
LG's lipotropic protein is also very good. It doesn't taste as good, but it it MUCH better than the old formulas. I have both the chocolate and the vanilla. One thng to remember is that the LG stuff is actually better for you less sugars and what not. It's a good price too. It is derived form a different protein source the flavor takes a little while to get used to, but it's not bad. I take it 1st thing in the morning with skim milk and H20 mixed 50/50. It mixes up well and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It may even help with weight loss.

Now for the creatine. I'm a noresponder. I have been thru the ethyl esters, and the monohydrates. The only one I thought was working was the CR2 by ALR. Creatine of any sorts gives me water bloat. I honestly do not feel andy strength gains from it. It is supposed to be a staple in any ph cycle but I have not used it yet. Maybe this is part of the reason why I dropped so much weight off cycle.
I will be starting another review next week on a new form of creatine from Man Products. It should be good and is even being used in heart patients to help open up the blood pathways. Stay tuned.
moore_716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #35
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm one of the lucky ones with regards to creatine. It REALLY works well for me. I get very good strength gains. On the downside, I get intense pumps, to the point where I want to rip my eyeballs out.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #36
AthleteCreator
Trollin'
Uber Brawn
Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16 Points: 962, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

AthleteCreator is new to the forumAthleteCreator is new to the forum

I just jumped in here too. My thoughts....

Debating creatine and protein is pointless. Your experiences prove that everyone reacts differently to each.

Buying supps from Walmart? Really? I understand if you're on a tight budget. It's better than nothing. But for those that can afford better quality, really?

The guy I bench with did a very similar self-experiment. He takes VERY high quality stuff, mixes his own proteins through proteinfactory.com, and is getting his PhD in exercise physiology. Needless to say, this guy is borderline too geeky for his own good. Anyways, he quit taking any and ALL supplements for 8 weeks. He continued to eat high quality foods, but absolutely zero supplements. He continued to progress and was able to lift just fine. The only thing that was affected was his ability to recover.

The more supplements I try, and the more I experiment on myself, I almost gear all of my supplementation on recovery, not on "in-workout" pumps/gains/intensity/etc. I still take a pre-workout drink of either caffiene or beta-alanine, depending on my goals, but like I said, my supplement stack is founded on the principle of "Faster recovery, more time for growth".

Annnnnnd done.

There is nothing "smart" about a 3rd attempt deadlift.
AthleteCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthleteCreator View Post

Buying supps from Walmart? Really? I understand if you're on a tight budget. It's better than nothing. But for those that can afford better quality, really?
Ya, really.

I have mouths to feed. And a house. And land. And my combined household income is under $50k. And I have doctor bills. And vehicles to upkeep. And personal property taxes. And septic issues. And 3 cell phones, not one. And 2 life insurance policies. And home owner's insurance. And medical insurance for the entire family. And school costs like trips. And fees for my child to play the cello, to be in band, to take choir trips to Nashville....

And on and on and on.

So Walmart it will be.

For me it's completely a budget issue. I have to be respectful to my wife. I limit creatine purchases to twice a year. Protein bars...I eat one a day. And I use Body Fortress protein powder. And I like it. I also spend $25 on TRT test a week.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-25-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #38
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

I personally hate all the walmart shit. I think its some of the worst tasting and on all the shit they carry the packaging has so many false claims.

Im sure the performance is the same though.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #39
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

You never truly know of something works until you are off of it.

When I do take my supplements, I find that not only do I eat better then normal, I am less likely to skip out on my multivitamins and whatever else I need daily,and don't need to cycle off. I always feel great when I take fish oil and flaxseed oil, however, I haven't been able to stomach fish burps lately so I been skipping them. Think its time to put them in the refrigerator rather then my room temperature.

Ok, getting to the point, if you think it works, doesn't even matter of it does or not, it will. Try logging your supplementation with your workouts and after a month track it down.

Also CAFFEINE will give your all the energy you need for a grueling workout!!! Add some in!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #40
tinyman
New Brawn

tinyman is new to the forumtinyman is new to the forum

Hey Bra! Creatine, protein, and caffeine are the the base supplements. You need at least five grams a day on creatine. Half you're body weight in protein powder then rest in food and 200-400 mmg of caffeine before your workouts. This will help you're pumps return. You cant get a bottle of no dose at Walmart for 5 bucks. So it shouldn't kill you're budget.
tinyman is offline   Reply With Quote