Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #41
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
you'll stay skinny despite busting your a*s in the gym every week.
= me
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #42
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I can NOT buy into the dirty bulk of eating anything and everything if you are a "bodybuilder". It is lazy and irresponsible and unnecessary. Taking the easy way imo. Instead of a clean bulk that takes effort, sacrifice, and discipline. If you don't have what it takes for those 3, you probably won't look like a bodybuilder.
Rick i know what you're tryin to say but when you finally see my pics either on stage or pre-show i want you to atleast consider the fact that dirty bulk can work for some people. Take a look at the pics at the begining of my training log. You can tell plain as day that i ate alot of junk. I would eat fast food nearly everyday for lunch, and eat not one but two or three little debbies a day and if i had chips'o'hoy in the house i would eat and entire row in one sitting. Now true for breakfast most of the time i would eat big plates of eggs nice and good for my bulk. For dinner i would eat 2 steaks and potatoes or enormous plates of spagehti also fairly clean. But inbetween i would stuff my face with anything and everything that was high calorie and high fat. This was all to just maintain a weight close to 200. Now in a 14 week span i will drop 40 lbs and compete around 155-160. If i didn't eat a ton of crap my weight for sure would have been below 180 and if you say because its cleaner i would have only had to drop 30 instead of 40 that would still put me 10 lbs less. So for me i believe my nasty diet has created an increase in mass i was capable of adding to my frame. Biggest reason i believe this is with more size i am stronger which in turn makes it possible for me to develop more mass.

I think i am the prime canidate of which BTB is tryin to make his point.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #43
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
Rick i know what you're tryin to say but when you finally see my pics either on stage or pre-show i want you to atleast consider the fact that dirty bulk can work for some people. Take a look at the pics at the begining of my training log. You can tell plain as day that i ate alot of junk. I would eat fast food nearly everyday for lunch, and eat not one but two or three little debbies a day and if i had chips'o'hoy in the house i would eat and entire row in one sitting. Now true for breakfast most of the time i would eat big plates of eggs nice and good for my bulk. For dinner i would eat 2 steaks and potatoes or enormous plates of spagehti also fairly clean. But inbetween i would stuff my face with anything and everything that was high calorie and high fat. This was all to just maintain a weight close to 200. Now in a 14 week span i will drop 40 lbs and compete around 155-160. If i didn't eat a ton of crap my weight for sure would have been below 180 and if you say because its cleaner i would have only had to drop 30 instead of 40 that would still put me 10 lbs less. So for me i believe my nasty diet has created an increase in mass i was capable of adding to my frame. Biggest reason i believe this is with more size i am stronger which in turn makes it possible for me to develop more mass.

Well, this is mainly from an old man's POV How old are you? And will you be using any assistance on your cut (AAS/PH/Clen/ephedra)?
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #44
jslep
Max Brawn

jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

i'm 33 and no. good old fashioned blood, sweat, and a few tears. good diet and good trainin.

my only supps will be

protein
omega-3's
phenomV1
HT-8
Triple Threat(natty test booster)
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #45
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Well, this is mainly from an old man's POV How old are you? And will you be using any assistance on your cut (AAS/PH/Clen/ephedra)?
Quote:
i'm 33 and no. good old fashioned blood, sweat, and a few tears. good diet and good trainin.

my only supps will be

protein
omega-3's
phenomV1
HT-8
Triple Threat(natty test booster)
Your avitars look so similar I think I just barely clued into the fact that you're two different people.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #46
MattB
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor

Quote:

My problem with that jslep is being natural and losing that much weight that fast you risk losing muscle as well. Whose to say if the calories were more controlled in the offseason that you couldnt have gained just as much muscle but been leaner?

Not to mention by the time you lose that much weight your calories will be really low and your metabolism will be in the gutter. You will either have to reverse diet after the show VERY SLOWLY or you will gain a lot of weight right back!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #47
jslep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
My problem with that jslep is being natural and losing that much weight that fast you risk losing muscle as well. Whose to say if the calories were more controlled in the offseason that you couldnt have gained just as much muscle but been leaner?

Not to mention by the time you lose that much weight your calories will be really low and your metabolism will be in the gutter. You will either have to reverse diet after the show VERY SLOWLY or you will gain a lot of weight right back!
To lose the weight i actually do not have to cut my calories that low. Instead of 3 giant meals i have my 6 meals every 3 hours and spiking my metabolism like crazy. Everything in the diet i have set up is protein and carb counted for every meal and to be honest my energy level is higher than its ever been.

Not to say that you are wrong but we will see how it turns out and then it will be judged on whether or not it worked for me.