Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Nutrition, Diet and Supplements Discuss nutrition, diet, cutting and weight loss. Supplement discussions as well.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #41
folkprophet
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
folkprophet's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 219
Reputation: 506
folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
you'll stay skinny despite busting your a*s in the gym every week.
= me
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #42
jslep
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
jslep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,749
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
Reputation: 58169
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I can NOT buy into the dirty bulk of eating anything and everything if you are a "bodybuilder". It is lazy and irresponsible and unnecessary. Taking the easy way imo. Instead of a clean bulk that takes effort, sacrifice, and discipline. If you don't have what it takes for those 3, you probably won't look like a bodybuilder.
Rick i know what you're tryin to say but when you finally see my pics either on stage or pre-show i want you to atleast consider the fact that dirty bulk can work for some people. Take a look at the pics at the begining of my training log. You can tell plain as day that i ate alot of junk. I would eat fast food nearly everyday for lunch, and eat not one but two or three little debbies a day and if i had chips'o'hoy in the house i would eat and entire row in one sitting. Now true for breakfast most of the time i would eat big plates of eggs nice and good for my bulk. For dinner i would eat 2 steaks and potatoes or enormous plates of spagehti also fairly clean. But inbetween i would stuff my face with anything and everything that was high calorie and high fat. This was all to just maintain a weight close to 200. Now in a 14 week span i will drop 40 lbs and compete around 155-160. If i didn't eat a ton of crap my weight for sure would have been below 180 and if you say because its cleaner i would have only had to drop 30 instead of 40 that would still put me 10 lbs less. So for me i believe my nasty diet has created an increase in mass i was capable of adding to my frame. Biggest reason i believe this is with more size i am stronger which in turn makes it possible for me to develop more mass.

I think i am the prime canidate of which BTB is tryin to make his point.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #43
RickB
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
RickB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N.E. Texas
Posts: 2,962
Reputation: 350
RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
Rick i know what you're tryin to say but when you finally see my pics either on stage or pre-show i want you to atleast consider the fact that dirty bulk can work for some people. Take a look at the pics at the begining of my training log. You can tell plain as day that i ate alot of junk. I would eat fast food nearly everyday for lunch, and eat not one but two or three little debbies a day and if i had chips'o'hoy in the house i would eat and entire row in one sitting. Now true for breakfast most of the time i would eat big plates of eggs nice and good for my bulk. For dinner i would eat 2 steaks and potatoes or enormous plates of spagehti also fairly clean. But inbetween i would stuff my face with anything and everything that was high calorie and high fat. This was all to just maintain a weight close to 200. Now in a 14 week span i will drop 40 lbs and compete around 155-160. If i didn't eat a ton of crap my weight for sure would have been below 180 and if you say because its cleaner i would have only had to drop 30 instead of 40 that would still put me 10 lbs less. So for me i believe my nasty diet has created an increase in mass i was capable of adding to my frame. Biggest reason i believe this is with more size i am stronger which in turn makes it possible for me to develop more mass.

I think i am the prime canidate of which BTB is tryin to make his point.
Well, this is mainly from an old man's POV How old are you? And will you be using any assistance on your cut (AAS/PH/Clen/ephedra)?
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #44
jslep
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
jslep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,749
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
Reputation: 58169
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast
Default

i'm 33 and no. good old fashioned blood, sweat, and a few tears. good diet and good trainin.

my only supps will be

protein
omega-3's
phenomV1
HT-8
Triple Threat(natty test booster)
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #45
folkprophet
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
folkprophet's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 219
Reputation: 506
folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Well, this is mainly from an old man's POV How old are you? And will you be using any assistance on your cut (AAS/PH/Clen/ephedra)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i'm 33 and no. good old fashioned blood, sweat, and a few tears. good diet and good trainin.

my only supps will be

protein
omega-3's
phenomV1
HT-8
Triple Threat(natty test booster)
Your avitars look so similar I think I just barely clued into the fact that you're two different people.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #46
MattB
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
MattB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 191
Reputation: 10663
MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
Rick i know what you're tryin to say but when you finally see my pics either on stage or pre-show i want you to atleast consider the fact that dirty bulk can work for some people. Take a look at the pics at the begining of my training log. You can tell plain as day that i ate alot of junk. I would eat fast food nearly everyday for lunch, and eat not one but two or three little debbies a day and if i had chips'o'hoy in the house i would eat and entire row in one sitting. Now true for breakfast most of the time i would eat big plates of eggs nice and good for my bulk. For dinner i would eat 2 steaks and potatoes or enormous plates of spagehti also fairly clean. But inbetween i would stuff my face with anything and everything that was high calorie and high fat. This was all to just maintain a weight close to 200. Now in a 14 week span i will drop 40 lbs and compete around 155-160. If i didn't eat a ton of crap my weight for sure would have been below 180 and if you say because its cleaner i would have only had to drop 30 instead of 40 that would still put me 10 lbs less. So for me i believe my nasty diet has created an increase in mass i was capable of adding to my frame. Biggest reason i believe this is with more size i am stronger which in turn makes it possible for me to develop more mass.

I think i am the prime canidate of which BTB is tryin to make his point.
My problem with that jslep is being natural and losing that much weight that fast you risk losing muscle as well. Whose to say if the calories were more controlled in the offseason that you couldnt have gained just as much muscle but been leaner?

Not to mention by the time you lose that much weight your calories will be really low and your metabolism will be in the gutter. You will either have to reverse diet after the show VERY SLOWLY or you will gain a lot of weight right back!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #47
jslep
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
 
jslep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,749
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
Reputation: 58169
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
My problem with that jslep is being natural and losing that much weight that fast you risk losing muscle as well. Whose to say if the calories were more controlled in the offseason that you couldnt have gained just as much muscle but been leaner?

Not to mention by the time you lose that much weight your calories will be really low and your metabolism will be in the gutter. You will either have to reverse diet after the show VERY SLOWLY or you will gain a lot of weight right back!
To lose the weight i actually do not have to cut my calories that low. Instead of 3 giant meals i have my 6 meals every 3 hours and spiking my metabolism like crazy. Everything in the diet i have set up is protein and carb counted for every meal and to be honest my energy level is higher than its ever been.

Not to say that you are wrong but we will see how it turns out and then it will be judged on whether or not it worked for me.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
diet, mantra


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raw diet backus Nutrition, Diet and Supplements 7 05-12-2012 09:04 AM
Diet is 90% BendtheBar General Board 20 11-06-2011 08:19 PM
help with diet bezzer Nutrition, Diet and Supplements 10 07-07-2011 06:35 AM
diet help CoopDawg Muscle Building and Bodybuilding 14 12-12-2010 11:51 AM
Diet help!! Fcat611 Nutrition, Diet and Supplements 7 08-19-2010 11:40 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.